About the Job
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking a highly motivated and outgoing business professional to join the organization in a Life Science P&C Underwriter position in our Minneapolis, MN or Chicago, IL office.
This underwriter would be responsible for underwriting an assigned book of up to $7m in premium across our Life Science Property & Casualty portfolio. Our target lines of business are Property, GL, Products Liability, Errors and Omissions, Workers Comp, Auto, Property and Umbrella. This underwriter will be charged with directly underwriting and growing a book consisting of risks within the Life Science industry. The position be charged with aggressively marketing to their assigned agency/broker plant to bring in opportunities and will work closely with the respective Commercial Insurance Managers, Industry Segment Executive Field Underwriters and Home Office to position this portfolio within Commercial Insurance for growth and profit.
Travel to other territories will be required and establishing strong local relationships will be key to success in this role. This role would service up to four branch offices located in the Midwest Region.
- Establish relationships with key trading partners and drive submission activity across assigned Agents & Brokers in our desired industry segments.
- Responsibility for profit, growth and retention of assigned book. This will consist of $5M-$7M in business over 2-4 branches.
- Meet or exceed new business production goals while maintaining profitability across assigned portfolio and adhering to authority and strategies.
- In conjunction with Underwriter Associate, retain key assigned renewals and lead coordination of Loss Control & Claims Service plans for service level accounts.
- Maintain and develop relationships with the branch, our brokers and clients.
- Develop a prospect pipeline with our major trading partners, as well as engaging other business units for cross-selling opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years underwriting experience
- Confidence to gain a marketplace presence and become a trusted advisor for assigned agents/brokers.
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
- Understanding and adherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
- Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property and Auto Liability Insurance coverage, terms and conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.