About the Job
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Drive the discovery process by preparing, assembling and serving discovery demands, responses and correspondence with direction and guidance from the firm's attorneys. Follow up with clients and adversaries for compliance with discovery demands and court orders relating to discovery. Prepare reports summarizing discovery responses and summarizing medical and other subpoenaed records for attorney review. Collaborate with and assist attorneys in providing quality legal representation in discovery, correspondence, motions and trial preparation. Prioritize assignments and meet all statutory and court ordered deadlines. Adhere to the firm's policy regarding the Digital Practice of Law. Support and maintain the highest ethical standards in representing the firm's clients.
• Excellent communication and organizational/prioritization skills.
• Ability to navigate and effectively manage a case management system.
• Excellent drafting skills with regard to correspondence and pleadings
• Proficient knowledge of Adobe, E-Filing, Windows 7 and Microsoft Word.
• Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
• Ability to converse in a professional manner with clients, claims, opposing counsel and experts
• Extensive knowledge of both the Federal and State court systems throughout the counties and state
• Minimum of five years of experience as a defense litigation paralegal required.
• Prior insurance defense experience is preferred.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.