Multinational Senior Underwriter
About the Job
Multinational Senior Underwriter
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking a highly motivated and outgoing business professional to join the organization in a Multinational P&C Senior Underwriter position for our Pacific region.
As a key member of the Chubb Commercial Multinational P&C team, the Underwriter will contribute to the achievement of regional profitability and production results through the growth, development, and underwriting of international casualty programs for U.S. multinational companies and organizations. In addition this position is responsible for establishing and cultivating business relationships with brokers, clients and other relevant spheres of influence within the assigned territory to assure the continued flow of new business opportunities while representing all Multinational segments and products.
• Contribute to the achievement of the Multinational Segment Business plan. The Senior Underwriter is responsible for production, underwriting and maintenance of new and renewal foreign casualty and property accounts within a defined territory. Forecast monthly production to Manager. Participate in product line projects as required.
• Business Development & Broker Management: Utilize and develop personal and business relationships with Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance brokers and producers to produce new account opportunities for the Commercial- Multinational P&C product line. Work with brokers and clients to understand and respond to evolving client needs driven by market expansion and acquisition or through changes in geographic footprint and program structure. Understand the nature of the risk as wells as the incumbent's current offering - utilize this analysis to produce and deliver winning quote
• Territory Management: Market and represent all Multinational segments and business products with specific focus on Commercial Accounts with international exposures. Develop and execute on the sales and marketing plan for assigned territory, ensuring that broker calls and stewardship meetings are planned, scheduled and administered in an effective fashion in order to drive new business and retain existing accounts.
• Account Targeting: Harvest personal knowledge of sales territory and broker-controlled business as well as existing and historic company business relationships to develop and refine a long term prospecting and short term target list of new business opportunities for producing insurance business. Liaise with Chubb Commercial Insurance to identify account expansion opportunities and contribute to the overall Commercial Insurance production goals.
• Understand and Manage Risk: Embrace the challenge of producing and underwriting profitable new business opportunities. Knowledge of company operations, deal structure, quality of information and company's industry-leading multinational capabilities are all key to putting the right business on the books and growing profitably over time. Adhere to Chubb Standards on pricing and servicing Multinational accounts.
- We are looking for extraverts that enjoy marketing and selling themselves and a great product to customers
- We are looking for competitive people who want to win
- College degree preferred
- 2-5 years of professional experience but willing to be creative for the right person
- Sales and underwriting experience preferred but not required; International experience is a plus.
- Outstanding Interpersonal Skills. Ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with team, field marketing and customers
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.