Marketing Supervisor - Minnesota
Combined Insurance Minneapolis, MN
About the Job
Field Position to train and support agents, market the company products and manage the servicing of existing business in an assigned territory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase market share by:
- Recruiting and contracting qualified new agents.
- Training new and current agents about marketing techniques, products, services, and rules/regulations.
- Developing and implementing strategies to stimulate sales.
- Maintaining regular and frequent communications with farm groups, agriculture organizations, etc. May coordinate and speak at farm meetings.
- Communicating company policy and procedures to agents.
- Communicating territory issues to division management.
- Perform administrative duties including:
- Investigating and resolving complaints from agents/insured in an assigned territory.
- Aiding in collection of outstanding premium balances.
- Supervising and training Field Representative and Insurance Specialist, if any, assigned to the territory to assure that the job responsibilities are accomplished in accordance with company procedures.
- Attending industry sponsored seminars, field days, etc. at the direction of division management.
- Assists with other duties as necessary.
- Ability to recruit and train agents.
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry, including an understanding of the kinds of crops produced in the territory; agricultural issues.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn Rain and Hail's products, services and systems.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the products, underwriting and policy rules and regulations associated with the Multiple Peril Crop Insurance program, crop-hail program, Agri Business program and the other insurance products offered by the company.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with Company personnel, outside resources and customers.
- Ability to use the Company's terminology, procedures and systems.
- Ability to use department equipment.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to drive a vehicle and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Ability to work from oral and written communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel away from home for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Willingness to relocate to another division if requested.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
Baccalaureate degree in Agricultural Business or related field required with 3-5 years of crop insurance marketing and/or service experience.