Claims Examiner (Employment Practices Liability)
About the Job
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
• Complete accurate and timely loss investigations, analysis of medical information as well as claim evaluations
• Make decisions regarding claim exposures and claim settlements
• Understanding legal proceedings and how insurance matters are handled by the courts
• Timely and appropriate communication with internal and external customers relative to account trends, service issues and large losses
• Consistently demonstrate fundamentally sound claim handling practices by achieving compliance in areas to include: investigation, coverage, loss assessment, and case management
• Building and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external customers, including clients, underwriting and service teams, and agents
• Establish, document and execute appropriate strategies to bring early resolution to assigned claims
• Recognize and properly address coverage issues, potential fraud, and subrogation
• A high school diploma is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• 1-2 years previous work experience, preferably in a customer service environment, is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A personal commitment to superior performance that adds value to our company
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting technical information
• Sound decision making skills
• Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and leadership skills
• Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are required
• An ability to adapt to new ideas and situations
• A willingness to use creative thinking to overcome obstacles and an ability to develop creative approaches to solving customer problems
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Licensing: You must obtain and maintain required adjuster licenses within 90 days of hire.
Training: Chubb managers, claim examiners and defense counsel provide a combination of classroom and on-the-job training to ensure our Claim Examiners are prepared to assume full claim handling responsibilities. The training will involve a wide range of knowledge and skill development, including:
• Cultivating relationships with internal clients (e.g. underwriters)
• Developing the ability to analyze initial claim reports
• Developing an understanding of the legal system
• Understanding how to effectively investigate and document findings
• Understanding Chubb's products to appropriately determine coverage
• Learning to interpret and apply insurance contracts
• Learning how to negotiate and structure settlements
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.