About the Job
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Experienced claims professional responsible for managing and adjusting excess casualty claims impacting primary and excess policies. Insure high level of customer service and technical claim file quality.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides outstanding customer service and works well with the insured, broker and TPA in the adjustment of GL and Business Auto casualty claims.
- Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions, as warranted, under direction of supervisor and coverage unit.
- Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss facts and extent of third-party damages.
- Directs and closely monitors assignments to experts and defense counsel.
- Evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company.
- Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes.
- Reports to reinsurers and facilitates the prompt collection of reinsurance on those matters where they are accountable.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
- This position reports to a line of business Claims Team Leader, Claims Manager or other more senior claims leader.
- Should have a high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling of casualty claims with particular emphasis on General Liability and Auto policies.
- Minimum of 10 years casualty claim handling experience.
- College degree or equivalent business experience.
- Ability to think and work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with TPAs and Fortune 100 accounts in a professional manner.
- Authoritative knowledge of Chubb coverage, products, services, and liabilities.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.