Sr Supply Chain Operations Analyst
About the Job
Sr Supply Chain Operations Analyst
Full time Portland, OR US March 22 2021
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we're as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we're proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: "It's perfect. Now make it better." As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Columbia Sportswear's dynamic global supply chain consists of 4 distribution centers, 430 retail stores, 80 apparel factories, and 20 footwear factories worldwide. We pride ourselves on being able to get products to market quickly, safely, and in the most cost-effective manner. By leveraging data analytics, we are constantly pushing to make smarter business decisions and identifying innovative ways to make Columbia Sportswear's supply chain more efficient and effective to meet our consumers' ever-changing needs.
As the Sr Supply Chain Operations Analyst, you will play a key role in developing reporting and analytical capabilities as well as providing analytical insights and recommendations to enhance decision making across supply chain operations-with a special focus on logistics-to support the company in focusing on the consumer, supporting brand growth, and achieving profitability. In this role, you must possess a strong understanding of logistics and supply chain (end to end) to recommend process improvement through analytics.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Lead development of reporting and analytical capabilities for logistics, other supply chain operations, and end-to-end fulfillment, partnering with both subject matter experts and technical teams
- Capture business requirements and define KPIs for analytical projects, build and validate data pipelines, create functional reporting, dashboards, and scorecards, and perform analytics to support current operational responsibilities, backward-looking root cause analyses, and forward-looking predictions
- Use multi-disciplinary analytical methods (statistics, regression, machine learning, optimization) to improve KPIs in logistics and other supply chain functions across all brands, regions, and omni-channel
- Develop diverse methods for tracking and reviewing KPIs, as well as their drivers, against targets and thresholds, including:
- Cost per unit for shipping
- Inbound ocean transit time
- Optimized consolidation of shipping containers
- Shipping data and invoice auditing
- Global logistics
- Inventory Utilization and Optimization
- Revenue Forecasting
- Customer Fulfilment and Delivery
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Lead logistics and cross-functional projects to effectively drive improvements in revenue, service, and cost
- Possess a thorough understanding of the upstream and the downstream processes and high-level systems flow to determine the impact of process changes
- Lead efforts to determine gaps and opportunities in the effectiveness of regional and/or global planning and operations systems and processes
- Provide analytical insights to support monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables including Global Inventory & Corporate Forecast reviews, Executive and Brand S&OP meetings, Quarterly Business Review (QBR), Board meetings, etc.
- A strong communicator who can collaborate and influence others, comfortable interacting with internal stakeholders
- A people person, comfortable building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional partners
- A proactive decision-maker and can make decisions based on analytics and metrics
- Extremely accurate and thorough and able to monitor your own work to ensure quality
- Able to understand and translate moderately technical concepts verbally and in writing
- A bachelor's degree, applicable certification, or equivalent experience. Supply Chain Operations, Business Analytics, Finance, or Mathematics preferred. MBA and analytics certificates beneficial
- 5-8 years of professional experience and mastery of relevant technical or business skills required to accomplish the job
- Advanced knowledge within Supply Chain Management and related areas and experience with multiple functional disciplines
- Experience in key supply chain and operations functions including inbound and outbound logistics
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with development of visuals and dashboards/scorecards using PowerBI or Tableau
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to write basic queries with SQL
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.