PT Retail Associate
About the Job
Part-Time Retail Associate
Part time Ontario, CA US March 29 2021
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we're as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we're proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: "It's perfect. Now make it better." As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
With over 430 retail stores worldwide, our associates are essential to our business. From ensuring product availability on the sales floor to creating eye-catching visual displays to addressing customer inquiries to running an efficient check out process, our associates create memorable customer experiences while simultaneously assisting the Store Leadership team support Columbia Sportswear Company's mission of "Connecting Active People with Their Passions."
As a Retail Associate you'll serve as a brand ambassador and ensure exceptional in-store experiences through positive customer interaction. Within this role you will employ your natural problem solving and sales abilities to answer customer questions and make compelling product recommendations while supporting Columbia Sportswear Companies values to enhance customer service and teamwork.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to consumer questions or issues regarding product features, benefits and availability; engage with consumers to understand their needs and preferences (e.g., demonstrate and explain merchandise, make suggestions on suitable options for consumers etc.).
- Maintain store standards for visual merchandising, cleanliness, safety; retrieves merchandise from sales floor, stock room, or other inventory locations.
- Perform all required cash register transactions (e.g., sales, returns, exchanges, connecting consumer to loyalty program) efficiently and accurately.
- Contribute to store profitability by receiving, handling, replenishing and processing incoming and outgoing product flow in the stores accurately and efficiently
- No specific education required (High School Diploma or GED preferred)
- 2 (or less) years of experience in position or specialization
- Skill operating a Point of Sales (POS) system, other in-store computerized systems, and telephone
- Frequently in a more active environment (i.e., requires ability to constantly move about) that can be physical or strenuous in nature (frequently adjusting/moving items weighing up to 40 lbs.), may frequently use specialized equipment, may have exposure to dust and noise
- Occasionally requires the ability to work in place
- Ability to clearly communicate with others
- Availability to work a flexible, often changing retail schedule to support needs of the business which may change seasonally and in response to business trends or forecasts