Interim Dept Coord - Ecommerce-Weekend Shift
About the Job
Contribute to the smooth and efficient distribution of Columbia Sportswear's product by coordinating workflow and provide training and support within production departments. Assist supervisors and managers in identifying how to best use resources on daily or moment-by-moment basis to achieve safety, quality, and efficiency goals. Keep individual and team objectives in focus.
- Train and certify new employees on operations and functions of department. Training areas may include, but are not limited to, department policies, company policies, operations, procedures, and safety.
- Determine if an employee meets minimum requirements for departmental certification. Communicate and collaborate effectively with department trainer in conjunction with department supervisor with respects to training and employee's progress.
- Coordinate the movement and assignment of associates within and across work areas to drive department and DC results. This may be driven by product flow demands or cross training schedules.
- Work with department supervisor and collaborate with a department trainer to help associates identify and improve upon techniques that will result in safe work, greater efficiency, accuracy, and quality.
- Proactively inform co-workers and management of any operational topic that would impact upstream or downstream success. Report system/equipment/product flow demands or cross training schedules.
- Cover and support the department supervisor or trainer as instructed within the job scope.
- Adapt to seasonal busy and slow periods, at times performing all operations and functions of their department or assisting in other departments. Be prepared to cover any or all routine DC Associate job functions.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff, and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth work flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Demonstrate for others an ability to calmly handle busy production demands and respectfully interact with co-workers to accomplish common tasks.
- No specific education required, HS or GED preferred.
- Requires 2 years of experience in warehouse position and advanced knowledge of departmental functions.
- Advance knowledge may include the following:
- Ability to fill in for Shipping Specialist, Receiving Specialist, Coordinator, or other specialized function;
- Perform Yard Jockey duties;
- Ability to perform Expediter or Shortage Runner responsibilities;
- Knowledge required is limited to the work routines and supporting processes of the area. Some formal training or on-the-job experience is required to perform the job effectively.
- Demonstrated capacity for performing the job functions of a successful and productive material handler. A demonstrated aptitude for understanding and communicating operational needs, for identifying gaps performance that compromise operational effectiveness, and for initiating or recommending solutions that will help attain objectives.