Clinical Trials Supply Chain Planner
About the Job
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for developing, coordinating and managing clinical trial drug and/or ancillary supply schedules across the Fisher Clinical Services (FCS) network. The principal aims of this role are to deliver achievable clinical trial demand plans to meet project needs at the lowest possible costs; to maximize the utilization of packaging, distribution, labeling, comparator, and other key functions across FCS and drive value through the supply chain. The Supply Chain planner is responsible for translating clinical protocols into supply strategies and planning in partnership with internal clinical manufacturing organizations to drive a coordinated, optimal global supply chain strategy.
- Translates clinical protocols into supply strategies in partnership with internal clinical manufacturing organizations ensuring accurate lead times, offsets and yields
- Assesses impact of supply chain manufacturing and client requirements, proposes resolutions and gains buy-in from all key stakeholders
- Calculates and monitors appropriate inventory requirements required for study including bulk level amounts and other key indices.
- Defines inventory policies and guidelines required to build a sound supply strategy which meets the needs of the client and all key stakeholders.
- Interfaces with subject matter experts in packaging, distribution, labeling and comparator to ensure accuracy and feasibility of supply strategy.
- Delivers innovative supply chain solutions to deliver cost savings, reduce risk and improve service.
- Assess opportunities to apply supply chain excellence techniques throughout all operations in Clinical Trial Division (CTD)
- Provides high quality, risk-adjusted supply information to appropriate demand management teams and leadership on the plans for the supply chain.
- Develops, delivers and manages supply chain agreements which incorporate risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Understands and accurately captures development campaigns
- Manages and communicates key metrics on the status and stability of supply plans
- Facilitates supply planning meetings for the assets being managed
- Provides timely, accurate supply requirements to appropriate stakeholders via proprietary software (GPM) or other agreed routes of communication per established SOP requirements
- Manages accurate, timely and consistent delivery of information into the sites
- Performs ongoing assessment of planning information and assumptions at the study level and helps resolve logistical conflicts impacting studies and project milestones ensuring supplies are not on the critical path.
- Manages multiple and complex projects, and those which require strong problem solving skills and creative or innovative thought
- Achieves optimal results by effectively partnering with subject matter experts across multiple functional areas
- Other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the business
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s).
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management operations or data management (equivalent work experience may be considered). Prefer advanced degree in a health related or business field.
- Minimum of 7 years of supply chain management experience; either in clinical and/or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to employ appropriate modelling techniques to generate business value
- Demonstrated ability to employ recognized financial appraisal techniques to assess diverse strategic projects