Assistant Athletic Trainer
About the Job
Assistant Athletic Trainer
The clinical/outreach athletic trainer provides athletic training services on an ongoing basis. The individual in this position performs a wide variety of duties requiring specific knowledge of the clinic’s policies and procedures. S/he is expected to meet the clinic’s professional, clinical, technical, communication and documentation requirements and standards and to make decisions based on established guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops and cultivates contacts with referring physicians, businesses, schools, coaches and other referral sources.
- Utilizes appropriate, sound and up-to-date clinical techniques to effectively assess and treat athletic injuries.
- Provides athletic training services to patients and athletes as required.
- Provides patient and community education in the areas of sports injury prevention and care.
- Provides input as to the fitness and conditioning status of athletes.
- Completes all training documentation in a timely manner.
- Coordinates pre- and post-participation exams and acquires protective equipment for athletes as needed.
- Provides athletic training services at sponsored sporting events.
- Assists physical therapists in the treatment of patients with sports or orthopedic conditions referred for rehabilitation. The physical therapist will evaluate the patient, set goals and monitor progress. The athletic trainer will assist with the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Requires continuous exposure to confidential patient information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists current athletic trainers with Injury Prevention/Sports Enhancement Program.
Candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree, BOC certification and current state licensure.
- Experience with high school athletes and clinic work is a plus.
- Decision-making skills to make treatment assessments based on quick injury evaluation.
- The ability to analyze injuries and convert data into meaningful medical chart reports.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing. The athletic trainer will interact with management, doctors, professional staff, patients, general public and local schools and sports teams.
- Peru, Illinois, United States
- Position Title: Athletic Trainer
- Company Name: City Center Rehabilitation
- Job Settings: Secondary School
- Select Your District: Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association (D4)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Is this an existing position or a newly created position?: Existing Position
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Min Experience: None
- Required Travel: 10%