IT Service Desk Specialist
About the Job
An IT Service Desk Specialist at Christmas Tree Shops must have strong customer service, phone etiquette, troubleshooting, writing skills, and a basic understanding of hardware and software applications. The primary responsibility of this role entails being on the phones with internal customers, effectively listening and troubleshooting IT related issues, opening tickets and providing a solution or escalating the issue. Under the direction of the Service and Support Manager, they will be flexible and adaptable to work on other IT related projects as assigned.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to both onsite and remote users, both internal and external to Christmas Tree Shops.
- Apply communication and customer service skills to effectively work with users in response to their Service Desk calls, and effectively walk through the problem-solving process.
- First level email and phone technical support response; answering and responding to user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operations in a timely manner and being able to do so in person and remotely.
- Use remote assistance tools to support work from home or remote users. Occasional after-hours support, in an on-call scenario, to address time-sensitive critical end-user needs or emergencies.
- Maintain familiarity with and troubleshoot the following technologies: Microsoft Windows 10, MS O365 Suite, Citrix receiver and desktop environments, mobile device management tools, multi-factor authentication, VoIP telephony, all major Internet browsers, VPN connectivity, IBM iSeries/iAccess 5250 emulation software, software management and distribution tools a plus.
- Work within Active Directory and Office 365 cloud environments for general account management, password and permissions troubleshooting, etc.
- Support and troubleshoot essential video conferencing technologies, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, and in-room A/V technologies such as web camera and wireless display adapters.
- Stage and provide troubleshooting for RF vehicle mounted computers, handheld scanners and scales.
- Liaise with various vendors to maintain IT infrastructure and equipment such as HVAC, hardware repair, battery PMs, etc. (Includes escorting and assisting vendors as needed.)
- Liaise with other IT groups including Networking and Server teams to provide boots on the ground assistance as needed.
- Utilize and maintain the IT helpdesk ticketing system, as well as the internal IT knowledge base and documentation repository.
- Receive, organize and track inventory for all IT equipment and peripherals.
- Collaborate extensively with peers to share knowledge and cross-train other members of the IT staff, while also learning from others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Enjoys helping and is capable of professionalism and patience even with frustrated clients.
- Is responsive and enjoys helping others achieve their goals.
- Results oriented with a high degree of resilience and perseverance.
- Strong Ethics and Discretion: A steward of ethics and discretion when handling sensitive information.
- Exhibits curiosity and researches new ways of operating to enhance efforts.
- Strong attention to detail, capable of identifying anomalies and maintaining accurate work.
- Must be both hands on and strategic with the ability to navigate between the two.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree in Information Technology field or related studies preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience handling Service Desk inquiries or equivalent experience in Customer Service.
- Prior experience working with technology in a retail setting preferred.
- Familiarity with warehouse technologies preferred.
- Ability to listen to, understand, and communicate with others by telephone, in written form, electronically, or in person. Including the ability to talk and type while actively listening to the guest.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the customers, manager, mentors and team members on the status of incidents.
- Ability to work with individuals of all levels of personnel.
- Capable of asking relevant questions and listening attentively with patience as part of communication.
- Ability to take direction needed to resolve incidents quickly and effectively.
- Ability to complete routine tasks independently over time. This includes gaining the functional, technical and problem-solving skills needed to complete assignments.
- Windows 10 knowledge, as well as basic Active Directory & Microsoft 365 use
- Take part in and support an on-call rotation for staff to support operations after hours and weekends as needed.
- CompTIA/A+, operating systems, or other related certification(s) a plus.
- Ability to work independently and identify when additional help or expertise is needed.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work effectively & efficiently.
- Able to travel to stores and other locations as needed.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
ABOUT CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP
Christmas Tree Shops is an off-price brick and mortar home goods retailer with a specialty in seasonal products. The Christmas Tree Shops experience revolves around a trend-right, always-changing mix of merchandise that makes each customer visit a shopping adventure of anticipation and delight. The 50-year-old company has roots in the Northeast with the first store located on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and today operates 80 stores in 20 states under the banners of Christmas Tree Shops, Christmas Tree Shops andThat! or andThat!