Maintenance Worker/Technician - Starting at $18.75/hr + RETENTION BONUS!
About the Job
• Retention Bonus & Sunday Bonus•
• Shift Differentials Available•
Don’t you just love a new opportunity! Christmas Tree Shops is currently looking for enthusiastic, passionate Warehouse Associates to join our team. We have full time opportunities available, and we’re willing to train the right candidate.
Our mission is to excite and expand our customer base by receiving/delivering the product that is the foundation of a fun shopping experience in our stores.
Specifically we are seeking the following Full Time position in our Middleboro, MA Distribution Center:
- Maintenance Worker/Technician
Salary: $18.75 per hour, this rate includes a $1.00 shift differential
2nd Shift Work Schedule
5 - 8 hour shifts
3:00pm – 11:30pm
W, T, F, S, S
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the performance of troubleshooting and daily routine of building and equipment maintenance. In addition, this position shall be responsible for performing daily preventative maintenance on primary and secondary equipment.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices, and ensures that all equipment is in safe operating condition and meets or exceeds OSHA Standards.
- Comply with all QMS / EMS procedures and work instructions as it pertains to the position description.
- Perform routine maintenance and operation of machinery equipment with minimal guidance.
- Respond to service calls to inspect and diagnose machine problems and be able to correct the issue or escalate to an advanced level Maintenance Technician.
- Independently perform daily, weekly and monthly PMs.
- Operate all, material handling equipment as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining daily recordkeeping, log books, and maintenance request forms.
- Responsible for understanding and participating in all aspects of the continuous improvement process.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Problem Solving Capabilities –both numerical and mechanical.
- Ability to use various types of tools, including volt meter and equipment necessary (manual, electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, etc.)
- Mechanical ability; advanced maintenance tools and techniques, affected and/or authorized Lock Out/Tag Out process knowledge.
- The ability to properly document work performed.
Preferred Education Requirements
- Vocational certificate, associate degree in a technical field, job-related apprenticeship experience
- Pre-employment Drug Testing Required.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in industrial maintenance.
Do you want to know what we’re doing under the current COVID circumstances?
Your safety is of utmost importance to us. Not only are we following CDC guidelines, we take it a step further to make sure to keep our associates safe.
- Providing personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, cleaning stations)
- Social distancing measures ensured in workspaces and break rooms
- Consistently disinfecting surfaces
Our program of generous benefits includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA and a 401(k) with company match.
Apply online for immediate consideration.
You can also TEXT "WHJOBS" to 66763
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to making our diverse workplace fun.