About the Job
Christmas Tree Shops is growing and so is our need for more talented team members. We are looking for experienced team members who have a passion and reputation for delighting our customers and driving merchandising and operational excellence. We offer a distinctive, fast paced, and dynamic retail environment where you can truly make a difference AND have a very real opportunity to grow your career! If you are looking for a retail growth company that values both its people and its customers, and has a winning track record, and even brighter future, your search is over – you have discovered Christmas Tree Shops. We offer competitive wages.
Specifically, we are seeking the following Part Time positions in our Mays Landing, NJ store:
- Customer Checkout Team Members
The Customer Checkout Team Member is responsible for engaging with customers, processing customer transactions, and assisting customers in the checkout area and/or on the sales floor. This position maintains, replenishes, and organizes assigned areas providing a clean and inviting shopping environment. The Customer Checkout position supports our efforts to operate efficiently to drive sales and profitability.
• Acknowledges customers in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner; promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support.
• Processes all customer transactions through the register, packages customer purchases.
• Collects email addresses from customers at register to enable marketing outreach.
• Effectively communicates with leadership and team members, requesting assistance as needed.
• Organizes register area and replenishes front end supplies as needed.
• Returns misplaced product, customer returns, and put backs to correct area of the store.
• Prepares merchandise for stocking; verifies prices and adds price labels as needed.
• Stocks merchandise on store fixtures following stocking plans and presentation standards.
• Organizes and straightens merchandise areas on the sales floor; replenish products as needed.
• Processes processing price changes on product and signing on merchandise displays.
• Maintains housekeeping standards; cleans checkout area and fixtures, removes debris/trash.
• Demonstrates safe work methods and practices, including reporting safety issues promptly.
• Performs responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and effectively following policies and procedures.
• Performs additional duties, as necessary including but not limited to cart retrieval.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to support business needs.
• Occasionally be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 40 pounds.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• May involve reaching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, and climbing ladders.
If you are flexible, dependable, and a team oriented individual who takes pride in your work and enjoys a fast paced, customer driven environment, then we would like to hear from you! We offer competitive wages and a generous 20% merchandise discount.
Please apply online or you can also Text "jobs" to 66763 .
Christmas Tree Shops is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.