DescriptionCenterWell™ represents our payer-agnostic healthcare services for senior primary care, home health and pharmacy. Launched in spring 2021, CenterWell creates experiences that provide patients with ease, comprehensive care and a personal approach. By placing each patient at the center — focusing on their unique needs and personalizing the care we deliver to them — we can help them lead happier, healthier lives.
CenterWell Senior Primary Care™ provides proactive, preventive care to seniors, including wellness visits, physical exams, chronic condition management, screenings, minor injury treatment and more. It is part of Humana’s Primary Care Organization, which is the nation’s largest provider of value-based, senior-focused primary care.
More about CenterWell Senior Primary Care:
• More than 85 locations, which are part of the 235 senior primary care centers operated by Humana’s Primary Care Organization
• Integrated care teams that include physicians, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, medical coders and center administrators
• Nearly 250,000 total patients served in 2022, including those in Medicare Advantage, value-based arrangements or other Medicare programs
The Medical Assistant 2 performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
Work location: CenterWell Rosemont, 5554 Clarcona Ocoee Road Orlando, FL 32810-4056
- Medical Assistant diploma
- Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment
- Experience with MS Outlook
- Basic Computer knowledge
- CPR certification
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and be cross trained in other roles based on business need
- Experience with HEDIS
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Minimum of 1-year professional experience as a Medical Assistant in ‘back-office’ direct patient care
- Previous experience in a geriatric setting
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish- Must be able to speak, read, and write in both languages without limitations or assistance
- Active RMA or CMA from one of the following:
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA)
- American Allied Health (AAH)
- Medical Career Assessments (MedCa)
Working Hours: Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm
CenterWell, a subsidiary of Humana, values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Being a part of the CenterWell team gives you: We offer tangible and intangible benefits such as medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, paid holidays, work-life balance, growth, a positive and fun culture and much more.
Language Proficiency Testing:
Bilingual English/Spanish. Must be able to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance. See Additional Information on testing. Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
Equal Employment Employer:
CenterWell Senior Primary Care is more than an equal opportunity employer, CenterWell's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is at the heart of what we do in all of our CenterWell roles. Diversity is more than a commitment to us, it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us each uniquely wonderful.
Associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated, including booster, or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home.
If progressed to offer, candidates will be required to:
Provide proof of full vaccination, including booster OR
Provide proof of applicable exemption including any required supporting documentation
Medical, religious, and state exemptions will be available.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40