DescriptionThe Director, Channel Development defines the sales product strategy for Medicare Supplement single by targeting specific markets and/or business segments. The Director, Channel Development requires an in-depth understanding of how Medicare Supplement products work and how to implement this product line into the various distribution channels that exist withing the MarketPoint organization.
The Director, Channel Development for Medicare Supplement develops key performance indicators to drive sales program effectiveness and to ensure cost efficiencies. Provide data driven expertise and management reporting to improve sales performance and increase market share. Develop go to market strategies and identify new business opportunities to increase overall sales portfolio. Identify key areas of improvement through trend and utilization analysis. Collaborate closely with business leaders, marketing and finance to ensure effective, strategic, and competitive sales plans. Decisions are typically related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the function and supporting technical/operational procedures and processes, and implements strategic plans, drives goals and objectives, and improves performance. Provides input into functions strategy.
- Medicare Supplement account management experience in the health solutions industry
- Assist MarketPoint with training distribution channels (internal & external) on the value of Medicare Supplement, which ultimately, assists in achieving sales and profitability objectives.
- Develop and execute a market level distribution strategy that drives significant sales growth of Medicare Supplement and ancillary products with their accounts.
- Build and maintain strong, focused relationships with distributors at all levels.
- Training all distribution channels (internal and external) on the products, processes and procedures.
- Participate in planning sessions with MarketPoint field sales teams to assist with the creation and execution of a Medicare Supplement growth plan, which will drive sales and profitable growth.
- Exposure to managing large and complex cases, both fully insured and self-funded.
- Extensive successful leadership experience managing a wide range of tenured associates.
- Experience working across a full product offering.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a large geographical territory.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- TRAVEL REQUIRED- 50%
- Master's Degree of Business Administration or a related field
- Valid state health and life insurance licensed
- Exposure to employer groups in the public sector
WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense. A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required. Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role. A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, you may be utilizing our interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40