Sr Director Project Management
About the Job
The CTO, Advanced Technology is seeking a dynamic, highly-experienced project manager to join the Advanced Technology team. The Sr Director of Project Management of Advanced Technology will closely partner with central data, applied machine learning, video technology, information security, legal, program management & the Corporate PMO, and others teams to provide end-to-end project management across cross-functional programs supporting the streaming and digital central technology products and services across ViacomCBS and our stakeholders. You're a detail-oriented go-getter who doesn't shy away from constantly changing challenges, and collaborates with internal teams to initiate, plan and execute on technology projects ensuring the delivery on time, highlight potential risks or blockers, act proactively resolve issues, and ensure quality standards and deadlines are met across the various touchpoints of these large projects. Does that sound like you?
- Lead efforts (in close partnership with PMO/project management leads where appropriate) across departments to facilitate, track, and monitor programs, project roadmaps/scope that support the Advanced Technology team across functions. This includes, but is not limited to, video technology, personalization and ML, data warehousing, user registration, cloud architecture, privacy tech and security.
- Build, grow and lead team of 4-8 project managers, supporting teams within the Advanced Tech group, across the disciplines listed above
- Responsible for the ongoing oversight and outcome of large-scale projects and its processes.
- Define and adjust processes to meet project/business needs and look for ways to improve processes while coaching teams to do the same
- Problem-solving project issues; assisting teams in resolution and successfully leading large teams to develop risk mitigation plans
- Working with team leads/partners to understand business needs and helping identify and solving staffing-mix issues to meet business goals
- Conduct regular quality control and reporting on the status of cross-functional projects across various touchpoints
- Ensure internal stakeholders are kept apprised of project status
- Partner with the Corporate technology PMO to communicate executive level program status
- Develop and articulate compelling decks and lead trainings
- Enforce team compliance to high company standards and professionalism
- Bring a passion for innovation, drive efficiency, and partner with others to develop requirements and project manage those solutions through to successful implementations.
- Partner effectively with multiple engineering, product, operations, data, program management & PMO, legal and business development teams to ensure we stay invested towards improved efficiencies across managing projects in support of ViacomCBS Streaming and Digital technology initiatives.
- This role will require the understanding of what role each team and their systems play across the numerous businesses we support, across Paramount+, CBS Entertainment, PlutoTV, Showtime, CBS News, CBS Sports, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Noggin, including International expansion across these fronts!
- Documenting, troubleshooting (with appropriate teams), and escalating issues - ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 7+ years project management experience in a large scale digital and/or technology organization or media/entertainment environment
- Experience coordinating across global cross-functional teams (video, personalization and ML, data, measurement and tracking, technical, localization) and launching large-scale global multi-disciplinary projects
- Extensive experience with task management tools like Jira, Asana or @Task with a knack for understanding video and data systems and other technical concepts; and strong attention to detail
- Strong influencing skills and experience working with senior decision makers; effectively able to communicate to a global audience and to manage upward
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm, and flexible and able to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or project direction without sacrificing quality
- Exhibits a high degree of ownership and accountability with demonstrated success in managing numerous projects, priorities and people concurrently
- Experience leading and building a team of several direct reports
- Solid ability to effectively manage difficult decisions and conflicting points of view
- Commitment to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance. Ability to stay current with the latest processes and business strategies and models
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various partners and producing useful reports
You might also have -
- Experience with video, data, and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, BigQuery, Snowflake, API's, etc)
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. PMP and Certified Scrum Master certification is a plus!
FUNCTION: Project Management