At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren’t car salesmen. Our promise is simple: we won’t sell a car to a customer that we wouldn’t sell to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our car’s are in first-rate condition, we’ve built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching the Carvana website.
Using our Carvana Certified 150-point inspection process, we’re able to verify that every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards. We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below to see what we’re looking for!
About the team and position
As a Lead, Post Production you will be responsible for leading a team of Post Production associates to ensure our vehicles have been properly reconditioned to be sold to our customers. This individual will also portray a professional image of Carvana to set the tone for their team by actively participating in the creation of a positive work environment.
What you’ll be doing
The qualifying candidate must love helping people, enjoy being part of a team, and possess the drive to help achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization at the Inspection Center.
● Lead a team of Post Production associates and partner with the Post Production Manager to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle
● Analyzes the flow of vehicles through Quality Check and manages the direction of vehicles that have failed and require corrective action
● Oversee and coordinate ancillary goods and services for vehicles as needed to ensure completion
● Work with the Post Production team to assess vehicles for necessary mechanic and cosmetic repair and develop a plan that meets manufacturer specifications and Carvana standards
● Delegate and assign vehicle work flow for Post Production associates in your area
● Ensure team is meeting Post Production targets by consistently executing standardized work
● Review and utilize the inventory management system (IMS) for ordering parts, receiving parts, approving estimates, readylining vehicles in QC process, reviewing and following up on vehicles in QC with failure
● Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Post Production department and effectively educates team on the whys behind Post Production metrics and safety practices
● Other duties as assigned What you should have
This position is a mid-level position that requires someone who is able to multitask, is detail oriented, and can act with a high-level of integrity and responsibility to ensure vehicles are being moved through the reconditioning process across the Inspection Center effectively.
● Vocational/Technical degree preferred, but not required
● Experience supervising/managing a team (preferably in a production environment)
● 2+ years of related experience
● Excellent communication and listening skills
● An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing production environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold)
● Attention to detail is required as well as the ability to interact with managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
● Some computer/clerical skills required It would be great if you also had
● Previous experience working in the Automotive Industry or in a Lean Manufacturing environment
● Previous experience in a coordinator role, inventory management role, or an organizational role within a warehouse environment
● Previous experience working for a fast-paced hyper growth company
The Line Lead, Quality Control, Post Production will report to the Post Production Manager and will be an hourly full-time position. No travel is required.
What we’ll offer in return
● Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
● On the job training
● 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
● Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
● 401k with company match
● ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
● Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
● Vehicle Discount
● A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing for varied and rapid career development
● A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement Other requirements
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
● Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
● Must be at least 18 years of age
● Must have a valid driver's license
● A clean driving record with no more than two moving violations or DUI’s in the last three years
● This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position
● Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
● Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
● Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking, stooping, pushing, and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
● Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
● Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
● Requires frequent driving and computer data entry
● Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Legal stuff Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.