Pay: $18-20 per hour (based on experience)
ADESA, a Carvana owned company, currently operating over 50 locations throughout the US. Our Vehicle Service & Logistics Centers, some up to 200 acres, provide a wide array of vehicle services including repair & reconditioning, auction remarketing, and many of our sites serve as market hub distribution centers. Our inventory comprises hundreds of thousands of vehicles across North America from retail to commercial, OEM & more.
We work in a service industry and embrace a “we” versus “I” culture – help others, and they will help you. Our industry is fun, fast-paced, and competitive – and filled with the best people who are passionate about what they do.
We’re excited about the future! As an industry leader, ADESA is poised for a multi-year expansion including huge investments in facilities, massive sales growth, and an ever-increasing inventory of vehicles! We are looking for great people who want to take this journey with us! Get a sneak peek into life at ADESA!
Role and Team
- The Shop Clerk will perform clerical duties as assigned in accordance with corporate guidelines. Provide accurate, friendly quality service to customers when processing customer transactions. Maintain consistently high standards on quality, efficiency and safety. Must know, practice and ensure company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are always followed.
- Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer questions, complaints or disputes.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidences.
- Perform various general clerical duties, maintain various files, data, produce reports and correspondence for the supervisor/manager.
- Must be familiar with fleet and factory account contracts; know authorized amounts for customer service transactions as described in the account contract.
- Post transactions to vehicle account in V-Trace, i.e. mechanical repairs, process customer billing, parts, PSI’s, etc.
- Compile information needed for various reports and assist in coordinating project-oriented duties at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Perform customer service transactions as described in the account contract. Work with other departments to ensure service transactions are authorized.
- Advise the Mechanical Services Manager of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
- Ensure all shop area conditions are not a potential threat to employee or customer safety.
- Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee or customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property.
- Report all incidents to Body Shop Supervisor or Manager immediately per auction policy.
- Maintain a good flow of communication with all personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Must have the ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools.
ADESA Benefits and Perks
Competitive Pay | Quality Benefits | Holiday and Paid Time Off | Education and Equipment Reimbursement Programs | Matching 401(k) | Career Path Opportunities | And More!
To be able to do your job at ADESA, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you. Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
The physical activity requirements of the position range from Light to Medium Physical Work.
Frequent – standing, watching, touching, listening, walking, talking
Potential – running, jumping, yelling or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
Physical Working Conditions:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Note: Refer to the Handbook and Policy Manuals for important addendum requirements to all job descriptions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To be able to do your job at ADESA, you must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English. Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
ADESA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. ADESA also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.