About this job
CarMax is seeking a Senior Coordinator in Central Business Operations at our Home Office in Richmond, Virginia. The Senior Coordinator position is responsible for driving productivity and supporting development within the team. Capitalizing on their functional expertise and leadership skills, Senior Coordinators work closely with the management team to provide Associate feedback, suggest process improvements, and manage the daily work. Central Business Operations provides the opportunity for Associates to hone their teamwork skills, gain knowledge about the CarMax business, and grow within the company.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Daily Execution
- Distribute work among associates based on staffing and established priority to ensure workload balancing and completion of daily goal for a team of 15-20
- Collaborate with peers and management to complete daily workload for 60+ associates to include ongoing projects as assigned
- Serve as a subject matter expert and “go-to” person for the team with all technical matters up to and including escalations
- Contribute to team goals, focus on everyone’s success, and jump in to help when needed
- Observe and Coach on Technical Skill
- Provide in the moment guidance for technical questions
- Review work to ensure accuracy and excellent execution
- To include call reviews, missing title reviews, and/or side-by-side observations with team of 15-20
- Provide feedback on best practices focusing on consistency, efficiency, and a commitment to accuracy among the team based on review of daily work and identified trends
- Analyze data captured during reviews to suggest process improvement, identify opportunity for relationship building w/external lenders or auctions and/or establish metrics to drive production
- Identify, Research, and Resolve Problems
- Thinks logically and conducts root cause analysis while considering long and short-term impact when suggesting or implementing process changes
- Resolution will include partnerships with internal and external business partners such as other departments within the Home Office, store management, financial institutions, and auction houses
- Escalate to management when necessary
- Identify Opportunities for Improvement and Embrace Change
- Analyze volume, accuracy statistics, and trends to ensure excellent execution or suggest improvements
- Present solutions based on findings with a focus on discovering efficiencies
- Assist with projects as assigned
- Facilitate and actively participates in meetings or events
- Help to Onboard New Associates
- Coordinate with team to develop and maintain training materials and procedures
- Develop and ensure execution of training plan through regular check-ins
- Serve as a Coach for new hires
Purpose of the role
The Sr. Coordinator, Central Business Operations is responsible for workload balancing, review of work, and delivery of feedback to ensure successful daily execution of the work on their assigned area of responsibility. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external business partners as well as represent the department as a functional subject matter expert (SME). The Sr. Coordinator will provide guidance as it relates to technical knowledge and skill, assist with training, projects, and actively identify opportunities for process improvement
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years of Central Title experience, or 3 years of CarMax experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) with some knowledge of Power Point preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.