Sr Consultant, Marketing Operations
About the Job
About this job
The Sr. Consultant, Marketing Operations- Digital Operations serves as the primary marketing operations contact for digital marketing business partners and manages their projects through the process. They will be expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to business partners, as well as represent business partner needs and goals within the marketing services organization to ensure teams are running smoothly and operating efficiently. This role is a part of the Marketing Operations team which serves as the backbone of the CarMax marketing team, delivering planning, governance and support functions to allow core marketing functions to focus on delivering value. This role will be critical to the success of one of the company’s most important initiatives and will have an opportunity to have a large impact on the way the team gets work done.
What you will do
Day-to-day project management
- Lead cross-functional project teams that include strategy, creative, analysts, media, agencies and production through all phases of the project within approved timeline and budget
- Utilize agile practices to build and support digital marketing collaborative teams
- Clearly communicate project plan, status updates and outcomes to Senior Manager and other stakeholders through reports, meetings and discussions
- Flag issues and provide solutions in a timely manner in order to keep projects on track
- Review all major deliverables to ensure quality standards and business partner expectations are met, while maintaining a focus on marketing compliance throughout the projects
- Make sure that business partner feedback is incorporated at each step and that all jobs following the appropriate workflow, including proofing and legal.
- Work with team to prioritize work, setting expectations and consulting with manager if conflicts arise
- Provide timely feedback to all parties involved in the project
- Continuous process improvement for the teams, ensuring the team is running smoothly and operating efficiently
- Work with Senior Manager to implement best practices for project management and workflow across the marketing organization.
- Facilitate sessions with business partners to understand requirements for process changes
- Utilize project management skills to ensure process changes are made in a timely manner
- Build strong relationships with strategy team, analysts, creative services, media team and agency partners.
- Work with managers to collaborate with external agency partners to ensure the successful completion of assignments, including approving timelines, maintaining open lines of communication and providing feedback as needed throughout the project.
- Ensure that business partner issues are dealt with in a swift and efficient manner, informing the Senior Manager of any problems that may arise.
- Communicates the business partner’s goals and represent the business partner’s interests to creative services or agency partners.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to develop and execute a plan with minimal direction
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within immediate area of business, and when necessary, identifies resources in other areas of the business that can be utilized
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to provide “win-win” solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college degree (Marketing, Advertising or other related field) strongly preferred, but not required
- Three or more years of experience in Project Management or Traffic Management in a creative environment
- Experience in a technical project management/production environment or digital agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in or partnering with external media agencies a plus
- One or more years of experience working in an Agile Marketing environment
- Certified Scrum Master, Master Certificate in Project Management and/or PMP Certification preferred
- Experience working with marketing workflow systems (i.e. Aprimo, Workfront, etc)
- Experience working in an environment where marketing compliance is a priority for the organization
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.