Specialist II, Bankruptcy
About the Job
Deliver a world-class customer service experience
Each year, CarMax Auto Finance helps more than 200,000 customers with their vehicle financing. We strive for a simple and seamless experience by offering fast, on-site financing, competitive terms, and convenient payment methods. Our teams understand that the purchase of your vehicle is just the beginning, and we’re committed to being there for you throughout every step and milestone of your vehicle ownership.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Take incoming/make outbound calls to customers, vendors, and/or store locations regarding customer accounts in a bankruptcy status
- Educate customers on the status of their account including interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, payment options, and account management options
- Review data from external sources to determine next-step actions including processing payments, preparing correspondence, and submitting accounts for repossession review
- Perform all of the above timely and accurately in compliance with federal, state, and company guidelines
Equip and empower customers, with compassion and integrity
Behind every successful theatrical production, there is an extensive behind-the-scenes operation that makes sure things go smoothly - even after the curtains close. At CarMax Auto Finance, the Bankruptcy team is part of that backstage crew. Representative II’s on this team are the subject matter experts who are the first point of contact for customers who are experiencing bankruptcy. This role caters to those who thrive when given the chance to provide direct, complete customer support, and doing so independently in a fast-paced, team-based environment. From accepting payments, to coordinating correspondence to external parties and more, you will balance the needs of the customer with opportunities and risks of the business.
Qualifications and requirements
- High school diploma or GED and/or 6+ months related experience
- Ability to listen and speak effectively to customers and vendors via phone
- Strong problem solving, decision making, and negotiation skills
- Basic computer and math skills
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.