Recreation Therapist PACE Program PRN
About the Job
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Recreation Therapist PACE Program PRN today with CarePartners.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At CarePartners PACE, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Come join our team as a Recreation Therapist with our PACE Program. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the supervision of the Day Center Supervisor, and as a member of the interdisciplinary team, assess the needs, interests and capabilities of participants and develops individualized therapeutic recreation plans. In addition, plans, organizes, directs and participates in a comprehensive therapeutic wellness program tailored to the general and individualized needs and limitations of frail elderly program participants. Provide leadership, supervision and support to the program assistants in delivering whole person health (Vocational, Emotional, Intellectual, Physical, Social and Spiritual)
- Bachelor's degree in therapeutic recreation or recreation with a therapeutic concentration
· Valid RT License in NC
· Current Therapeutic Recreation Certification ( CTRC)
· Valid NC Driver’s license
· Minimum of 2 years working with a frail or elderly population.
· 2 years’ experience in a social or recreational program providing and coordinating services for the frail or elderly within the last 5 years, one of which was full time in a patient activities program within a health care setting.
· Creative ability to plan, develop and implement varied activities to meet diversified needs and ages from 55 to 100+
· Experience in devising programs in all 6 dimensions of wellness
· Two (2) years of experience working on an interdisciplinary team in a hospital, nursing home or community-based setting is preferable.
· Working knowledge of recreational therapy techniques and practices of the elderly including assessment, care plan development, monitoring and evaluation needs.
· Working knowledge of physical, psychosocial and behavioral needs of the elderly population and aging process; experience with end-of-life care or death and dying preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability and experience working with teams and volunteers
· Good working knowledge of dementia disease process
· Ability to maintain accurate records and to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
· Good public speaking skills with all size groups.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Computer literacy.
· Employees must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
CarePartners Health Services is a healthcare organization serving western North Carolina and offering a full continuum of post-acute care. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, CarePartners provides compassionate post-acute care, including rehabilitation, home health, adult care, hospice and palliative care. CarePartners also offers a full acute care rehabilitation hospital. With more than 1,200 colleagues and 400 volunteers, CarePartners Health Services is dedicated to helping people of western North Carolina live full and productive lives, despite illness, injury, disability or issues related to aging. CarePartners Health Services is a member of Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Recreation Therapist PACE Program PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.