Care Coordinator - Registered Nurse - RN Only
About the Job
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
North Fulton Rehab Services is hiring for a Care Coordinator RN who is responsible for coordination of care across the continuum during the patient’s acute, chronic and long-term stages of illness for a defined patient population. Will assist and support the Social Work team members with medical management expertise and critical thinking based on DRGs and chronic condition management. Will assist with complex conversations with physician that is beyond the scope of the social worker colleague.
- This includes utilization management, transitional care planning, psychosocial and functional status assessment, patient advocacy, education for the patient’s/family, and monitoring quality indicators to demonstrate outcomes resulting from the service provided.
- Collaborates with all team members to provide a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s medical care needs, psychosocial needs, home and living situation, social determinants needs, plan of care in collaboration with the physician and other care team members, goals/outcome attainment and continued care needs.
- Must work in close collaboration with UM Nurses. Review targets for LOS, target outcomes and discharge plans with the providers and family Collaborate effectively with the patient’s health care team to establish an optimal discharge plan. Assure the patient is progressing toward discharge goals and assist to resolve barriers Attends the patient/family care conference and IDRs. Assess and monitor patient’s continued appropriateness for IP care and tracks avoidable days.
Required Minimum Education:
- An Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing with a Georgia RN License is required.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Required Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years nursing experience in the acute care setting. Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in acute care setting.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Knowledge of Case Management process. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effect change, perform critical analysis, promote client/family autonomy and plan and organize effectively for the continuum of care.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!