About the Job
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position has the responsibility to lead, manage, and integrate engineering projects across the Snyders's-Lance Ashland OH site and partial suport for the Willard OH site. Responsible for identifying, designing, planning, and implementing new technology for the business that expedites production of current and new products, increases efficiencies and yields, drives product improvement, and reduces operating costs.
- Develops, manages, creates, and executes capital projects including: creating documents, issuing PO’s, creating scope, scheduling, contractor management, cost estimates and documents required to meet financial policy
- Manages project schedule and budgets to execute project deliverables on time and within budget. Works with the regional engineering lead on management of capital planning and capital budget for fiscal year and Long Range plans.
- Provides technical support to production floor and maintenance when required.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchasing equipment.
- Maintain the plant's equipment asset database and idle equipment status
- Maintain the plant CAD drawing library
- Assist in the management of the plant's Environmental Programs
- Lead and champion special plant initiatives
- May perform other duties as required
- Plan, develop, and direct several engineering projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Establish and meet critical timelines of projects and start-ups.
- Maintain budget control for concurring projects.
- Perform efficiently in a team oriented environment.
- Prepare and critically evaluate contractor bid packages, outside consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Display and utilize analytical and troubleshooting skills for new equipment and process development projects.
- Keep abreast of new technological developments, recommending applications when warranted by such developments.
- Develop and implement creative solutions to plant operational improvement areas.
- Manage outside engineering and contractor resources.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering discipline (Mechanical, electrical, or chemical preferred)
- 2+ years experience in increasingly responsible Project Engineering positions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface with personnel of all levels.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, applied creativity and problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of project scheduling, cost tracking and forecasting.
- Ability to create drawings using AutoCAD and proficient with computers to create spreadsheets, reports, and general correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering discipline drawings.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Position required to work varying shifts to support project execution requirements. Occasional weekend work required, average 1 weekend per month. Able to travel, individual travel will be dependent on project requirements for equipment design and checkouts.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.