Packer 2nd Shift
About the Job
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Packer is responsible for a variety of packaging and warehousing duties. Primary purpose will include packaging all bag sizes correctly into the finished cases at standard packaging speeds and stacking cases of finished product on pallets for delivery to warehouse.
Essential Job Duties
• Packages all sizes, at each standard speed rate for each size to achieve optimum efficiency.
• Assures Kettle Foods package code and quality requirements are met.
• Stacks cases of finished product on pallets and transports empty and finished pallets.
• Supplies empty cases and trays to packers.
• Completes pallet record sheets and code verification sheets correctly.
• Performs line changeovers and cleanup duties.
• Performs pack-off duties.
• Performs code changeovers and verifies proper code usage.
• Communicates frequently with lead, supervisor or manager; other material handlers, machine operators and warehouse employees.
• Communicates equipment failures and process improvement.
• Occasionally performs other duties at the finished and raw chip inspection conveyor removing off-grade product.
• Assists with line cleans, work area clean ups and pack tables during down time.
• Consistently adheres to good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and safety regulations.
• May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Knowledgeable of coding and case taper functions/maintenance.
• Knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations.
• Knowledgeable of package coding requirements and quality standards.
• Ability to perform tasks independently and as part of a team to accomplish production goals.
• Efficient stacking of boxes and use of pallet jacks.
• Accurate completion of cleanups and changeovers.
• Accurate completion of paperwork.
• Effective math skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company.
• Ability to lift and stack cases, trays, and pallets on a continuing basis.
• Ability to operate a pallet jack.
• Ability to work in a safe manner in a production environment with safety hazards.
• Ability to work in an environment with spices in the air.
• Ability to construct cases and fill cases with required number of bags.
• Ability to tolerate fluctuating temperatures in a loud noise production environment.
High School Diploma, or equivalent preferred.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.