Maint Technician III
Calpine Lebec, CA
About the Job
Performs mechanical and/ or electrical maintenance on plant equipment to support optimum efficiency, availability, and plant appearance. Works call-outs as required to maintain plant availability. Performs maintenance activities around the repair, replacement, installation and removal of mechanical and/or electrical equipment and associated structures. Responsibilities include inspecting and verifying maintenance clearances prior to work, troubleshooting, disassembling, reassembling, and replacing equipment and associated parts, monitoring plant equipment and analyzing operating data. While the focus of work is primarily on repair and maintenance, may also perform some preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and assisting with the development of preventative maintenance procedures and recommended spares list/inventory as required. Assists with planning and spare parts inventory including following procedures around requisitioning of parts and supplies. Prepares all reports as directed by management and plant procedures. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Maintains safe work environment and contributes to operating procedures to ensure consistent and safe operations.
• Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly related functions.
• Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
• Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
• Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
• Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check.
• Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
• Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
• Works under limited supervision.
• Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
• Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.
• Senior-level; generally 10+ years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires basic knowledge of physics and applied mathematics to facilitate understanding of cogeneration power plant systems such as turbines, generators, pumps, motors, shaft-to-shaft alignment, seal times, and valves.