Dir, Digital Consumer Solutions
About the Job
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Callaway Golf is looking for Director of Digital Consumer Solutions to join our growing team. This Director will be responsible for driving the strategic vision for consumer data transformation, technologies and data driven digital marketing systems and solutions. Goal for this director is to work with teams responsible for Hyper Personalization (Customer 360 view), teams responsible for connecting consumer data and consumer behavior in apparel or consumer goods industry. This position will partner with multiple digital marketing/e-commerce teams across Americas, EMEA and Asia to drive incremental top line growth across e-commerce and our own retail using the Consumer data solutions. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with world-class consumer brands, is passionate about the consumer experience, and has a talent for data story-telling and is highly skilled in translating data-driven insights into marketing actions and business recommendations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in areas of CDP, CRM, Consumer Analytics and Consumer Privacy legal frameworks.
- Ensures appropriate resources are identified, hired, and retained.
- Build the overarching strategy and high level plan for CDP implementation, ingestion from multiple data sources, customer profile synthetization into traits and audiences, journey orchestration and integration with downstream systems.
- Bring best practices and strategy for consumer data Journey and overall orchestration by working with both internal resources and CDP vendor professional services to execute Omni channel use cases
- Manage multiple, concurrent initiatives in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Define research needs and lead complex qualitative and quantitative research to inform key business initiatives, guiding team members in that work when relevant. Focus areas may include: global brand tracking, consumer profiling and journey mapping, research informing product development and positioning, and creative testing and optimization
- Proficiency with multiple marketing technologies, including hands-on experience working with customer data platforms, digital analytics, personalization or tag management, campaign management, data management platforms, and/or web-based technologies (e.g. CMS), and a demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to new software.
- Holistic thinker about the customer journey and understand the mechanics of building processes and workflows, and identifying tools for efficiency and scale
- Partner with marketing leaders across brands globally to optimize customer experience to drive conversion and LTV. Dramatically and profitably expand spend, reach, and customers across all digital channels
- Synthesize research findings into insightful observations with clear, actionable business implications and strategic recommendations, working closely with leads of stakeholder organizations
- Regularly present and communicate findings to senior leadership in a clear and compelling way.
- Elevate the consumer strategy aspect of our work. Continuously refine how we improve on our target audience and customer understanding, uncovering compelling insights
- Serve as a key leader contributing to the development and growth of the Insights team, sharing best practices and mentoring team members
- Act as the voice of the consumer. Become an expert on Callaway’s brand, products and target customer.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Callaway Golf’s social channels and marketing campaigns with an emphasis on meaningful measurement and actionable key learnings
- Collaborate and ideate with cross-functional teams to develop annual, quarterly and product-specific marketing campaigns
- Select and manage vendors for consumer insights and digital engagement initiatives
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Measure, analyze, optimize and report on campaign and content performance, refining the brand's social marketing strategy and framework as needed to achieve core business goals and objectives
- Ability to plan, budget, and execute design and development programs.
- Strong understanding of customer profile segmentation and experience in 360 degree view of customers in CDP for further analytical processing, decision making and activation of the data.
- Strong understanding of ETL, Data quality / Cleansing and Identity resolution
- Knowledge of modern AI algorithms and application to marketing use cases.
- Deep expertise executing and managing primary / secondary research, including mixed methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and well-versed in a variety of research techniques and survey methodologies
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of brand strategy and an ability to lead broad brand tracking and consumer profiling initiatives.
- Comfortable navigating large datasets and a demonstrated willingness to get their hands dirty with internal reporting tools
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation format to business leaders at all levels and influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrated technical acumen with an ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs; able to communicate technical concepts to business user.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
- Minimum 10 years of marketing strategy or consumer insights related experience working with world-class consumer brands or at a leading consultancy
- Minimum 5 years of crafting customer-centric datasets like CRM, Call Center, Marketing, Offline and Point of Sale.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Fashion, Retail or CPG industries is preferred.
- Experience in the selection and implementation of a digital tech stack focused on marketing including a CDP solution and a DSP or DSP/DMP solution
- Experience in implementations of CDP platforms like Adobe Experience Platform, Segment, Tealium, Amperity and SAP.
- Hands on experience with delivering complex products or platforms especially on the Consumer related domain.
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams in a matrixed organization
- Proven track record working with diverse cross-functional teams and agencies across multiple geographies. Adept at guiding groups with divergent opinions toward a unifying decision, drawing upon data to ground decision-making
- Experience leading, coaching, or managing individual contributors
- Experience with Agile, Lean or other iterative development processes.