Associate Product Designer
About the Job
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Associate Product Designer is responsible for helping develop prototype and production golf club head designs and components for minor design efforts under close supervision of more senior designers. This includes combining conceptual design ideas with playability, durability, aesthetic, manufacturing and marketing requirements that contribute to the finished head design.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help create and analyze head designs using Unigraphics CAD software. Generation of the design models requires interaction, under the guidance of more senior designers, with the Industrial Designers, Product Analysis, Product Engineering and Development groups, the Legal department and management.
- Document head design specifications.
- Participate in cross functional teams evaluating design, development, manufacturing, legal, and marketing issues.
- Provide design timeline estimates and updates as the design progresses
- Raise issues that may affect the success of the product and participate in the resolution of those issues.
- Follow design procedures and design standards as defined by the Product Design group
- Other assigned duties may include support for research, design, legal, development, manufacturing, marketing and sales efforts.
- Help Design product using CAD software
- Check models per design checklist and designers’ instructions
- Create design documents
- Status reporting and time recording
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Familiar with 3D CAD software.
- Working knowledge of office software products (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Good critical thinking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills in the use of Unigraphic’s sketcher, free form surfacing and solids tools, associative/parametric modeling techniques and family of parts design methods, preferred
- Knowledge of the physics of golf club performance, preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Design or related field
- Experience in golf club head design and development, preferred