Gardener - Seasonal
California's Great America Santa Clara, CA
About the Job
- Under regular supervision, the Landscaper will report to the Landscape Foreman. The landscaper is responsible for performing various tasks as required in the maintenance of Park grounds. This person will maintain assigned vehicles and equipment, in addition to maintain required records and performs related work as assigned.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Refers to policy and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals, equipment manuals, training materials, horticulture reference texts, etc.
- May assist in training and supervising the work of seasonal crew members as assigned.
- Exercises care in the use and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Uses landscaping and groundskeeping tools and various other hand and power tools.
- Operates / uses various equipment, which may include a tractor, mower, loader, back hoe, trucks, man lift, fork lift, tiller, trencher, gas trimmer, edger, blower, auger, weed eaters, etc.; uses a two‑way radio for Park communication.
- Assists with Park washdown duties as required.
- May assist with specialized groundskeeping duties, which may include caring for trees (cabling / bracing trees, repairing cavities in trees, determining special tree care needs, performing difficult pruning, etc), pest and disease control, maintaining irrigation systems, etc.
- Performs general landscaping and groundskeeping duties as assigned, including but not limited to mowing grass, installing trees and shrubbery, pruning and trimming shrubbery and trees, growing plants in greenhouse from seeds, planting flowers, removing weeds, watering lawns and plants, installing grass sod, removing debris and garbage, etc.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.