Area Manager, Security
About the Job
Great America has an opening in its Park Ops Admin Division for Security Area Manager. This position will report to the Security Manager. The Security Area Manager is responsible for ensuring safety and security of park employees, guests, property and assets. They are also responsible for promoting security awareness to reduce the risk of serious incidents, as well as supervises and reviews the work of subordinate employees.
- Must possess a valid California Guard Card.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV,
- previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Interviews and interrogates guests and associates involved in theft or other security related violations, oversees and conducts security investigations.
- When necessary, serves as park incident commander, manages the park emergency action plan during incidents, accidents and training drills.
- Assists in coordination and development of park emergency action planning and attends emergency training as required.
- Operates vehicles, fire protection equipment, metal detectors, computers, telephones, two‑way radios, law enforcement/security equipment, first aid equipment, cleaning equipment.
- Maintains good working relationships with all other park departments and external agencies (fire, police, etc)
- Monitors staff activities to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and standards.
- Provides training on security related topics to all park associates.
- Works closely with outside law enforcement agencies and maintains a cooperative relationship.
- Prepares, reviews and approves weekly personnel schedules and deployments.
- Oversees hiring practices for department. Makes hiring decisions as necessary.
- Assists in building of annual budget and adherence to budget.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.