Area Manager, Ride Operations
California's Great America Santa Clara, CA
About the Job
Oversees the ride operations for the Park, ensures the safe and efficient operation of rides and the cleanliness of guest areas, helping to ensure overall park guest satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 3-5 years related expereinces in Ride Operations
- Ability to work nights and weekends to meet business needs
- Assists Manager in overseeing daily ride operations, ensuring safe and efficient operations through the proper training and supervision of staff and adherence to standard operating guidelines.
- Supervises area managers and supervisors; supervisory duties include scheduling; instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new employees; acting on employee problems; recommending and approving employee promotions, transfers and discipline, and recommending discharge.
- Reviews the work of subordinates for effectiveness and efficiency; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed.
- Plans and prepares staffing for special events.
- Assists in establishing, implementing and evaluating operational procedures, policies, goals, objectives and standards.
- Coordinates, oversees and participates in department training; trains and certifies seasonal supervisory staff; ensures training materials are current and in compliance with corporate operating guidelines.
- Prepares and revises ride manuals, department handbooks, and certification and training aids.
- Develops operating procedures and trains new employees in compliance with manufacturer, state and Park guidelines.
- Plans and coordinates all safety programs within the department; conducts related training and drills.
- Participates in duty officer programs as scheduled.
- Oversees, participates in, and ensures overall scene safety during major ride evacuations.
- Prepares and/or processes performance evaluations, work orders, billing statement, ridership reports, safety memos, schedules, various other reports, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other Park managers and staff, subordinates, guests, vendors, company counterparts, contractors, manufacturer representatives.