Business Systems Analyst - POS Systems
About the Job
Req ID: 205025
BASIC PURPOSE: The Business Systems Analyst role is to support the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of retail solutions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize the benefit of Love’s IT systems investments.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of multiple existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging store systems.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of store systems.
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Advise on software specifications and assist in the review process to provide direction to vendors
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Assist in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Contribute to system training materials for end users on all modified and new systems.
- Provide root-cause analysis and communicate results to the various vendors
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer/information science, management information systems, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ideal Experience (not required): Working knowledge of retail systems, payments processes, and fueling software; NCR, Verifone/AJB, Xpient
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to become a subject matter expert in any application; ability to troubleshoot application errors/exceptions including parsing logs in various formats (CSV, TSV, XML, etc.) and recreate issues in the lab environment; working knowledge of SQL, to include basic sub-queries; working knowledge of network and Windows operating systems; working knowledge of current computer/network hardware, protocols, and standards; basic scripting skills required; ability to use an office suite such as MS Office;
- Soft Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening and interpersonal skills; ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required; ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; highly self-motivated and directed; keen attention to detail; proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; strong customer service orientation; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; ability to operate independently as required; ability to validate vendor documentation for completeness and accuracy
Typical Physical Demands:
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- After-hours on-call support in a rotation.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert