Business Development Manager, Nucleic Acid Therapeutics
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Life Science Solutions Group – Licensing and Commercial Supply (LCS)
How will you make an impact?
This role will directly impact our mission of making the world healthier by providing Life Science Solutions group technologies to nucleic acid therapeutic customers on a commercial supply basis for the development & manufacturing of their therapies.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute on the nucleic acid therapeutic strategy that aligns to the divisional strategy.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell the company’s products and capabilities to therapeutic customers on a commercial supply basis.
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g R&D, production, procurement, marketing, quality, regulatory affairs) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientist, project manager, manager and executive levels), as may be necessary.
- Actively participate on, and may lead, cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include adept coordination of legal, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, etc
- Collaborate with Licensing and Commercial Supply and business unit partners to develop business/partnership frameworks for large, complex, often multi-year mutually beneficial partnerships. Make highly informed judgments of value to the customer upon which to develop financial terms for highly customized products, for which easy benchmarks are often unavailable. Negotiate other business terms and conditions.
- Understand and act in accordance to applicable licenses and intellectual property, as well as monitor and manage contracts and relationships with clients.
- Determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
- Develop impactful key account strategies to accelerate growth and maximize revenues.
How will you get here?
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in any life science
- Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including:
- Lead development
- Contract development and negotiation
- Sales funnel management
- Sales to therapeutic companies
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and collaborate in a matrixed environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding of the nucleic acid therapeutic markets
- Strong understanding of therapeutic development and commercial manufacturing workflows in nucleic acid therapeutics
- Ability to work well in a team and matrix atmosphere
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required
- Western United States
Role Success Profile
- Pharmaceutical market drivers
- Navigating complex accounts with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Technologies associated with nucleic acid therapeutics
- Nucleic acid drug discovery, development, and manufacturing processes
- Selling into the therapeutics market
- Value based financial and business term development
- Funnel management
- Competencies (Behaviors)
- Customer focused; creative/ innovative in identifying and solving customer’s challenges
- Willingness to challenge and collaborate with internal organization
- Personal Attributes
- Revenue and growth driven
- Graceful and thoughtful under pressure
- Goal oriented
- Team player
- Ability to navigate the matrix