Human Resources Business Partner
About the Job
As a member of the BSN Sports Human Resources Team the HR Business Partner (HRBP) will provide strategic and day to day HR leadership for (3) operations and warehouse locations in Texas and California. The HRBP will assist in the development and execution of HR strategies that champion organizational and people effectiveness. This includes all facets of performance coaching, talent acquisition, employee relations, administration of hourly compensation, training and employee engagement. In this role the HRBP will have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the VP of Operations for BSN Sports.
- Meet with leaders regularly to gain an understanding of their business priorities, strategies and talent.
- Partner with operations and warehouse leadership to build and foster a culture aligned with the Company's values and in support of the critical initiatives.
- Identify opportunities and execute solutions that drive employee engagement that produce improvements in team member retention.
- Promote positive team member relations by resolves manager and employee issues through the timely investigation of complaints and concerns; evaluating and identifying options for resolution; meeting with managers and employees; facilitating communication; providing independent judgement, advice, guidance and direction that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and state or federal law.
- Generate and maintain employee relations case notes documentation.
- Provide guidance, coaching and support to managers and employees on a variety of human resource related topics and issues.
- Lead all efforts and processes pertaining to the recruitment and selection of site leadership and hourly production/warehouse team members. Advise leaders on departmental gaps and opportunities and advise on how to optimize the team through the selection of the right candidate.
- Ensures successful first day new hire orientation process on all new hires and supports leaders with the ongoing onboarding plan to ensure success.
- Champions the training and performance management process with the business. Provides guidance to managers and employees on setting commitments, giving and receiving feedback, and assessing employee performance.
- Prepares information for exiting employees, conducts and reviews Exit Interviews and prepares and analyzes turnover reports to identify problem areas.
- Identifies emerging human resource issues by surveying and interviewing employees and managers; prepares recommendations for new policies or changes to existing policies to remain competitive with the marketplace. Maintains open communication channels with employees and managers by answering questions; explaining current policies and procedures.
- Responsible for protecting employee, customer and corporate information. Follows established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, use of passwords, and access to information based solely on business need.
- Maintains a current awareness of the HR field and understanding of appropriate laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Effective at building trust-based relationship across all level of the organization
- Possesses the ability to consult and influence leaders
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and information with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Federal & State regulations
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required
- Ability to utilize HCM systems to produce insightful metrics and reporting pertaining to hiring, retention and pay.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated understanding of core HR competencies - Employee Relations, Recruiting and Retention, Performance Management, Compliance, Talent Management, Organizational Development, Benefits and Compensation.
- Superior problem-solving abilities, solid judgment, and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, ability to partner with the business and interpersonal skills
- High level of initiative and attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to manage shifting priorities and workload requirements
This position does not have Supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands and/or Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. Largely a sedentary role with some filing requiring the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
This role will office out of the Avenue K (Grand Prairie, TX) location.
Travel is minimal, some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education, Certification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Society of Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Human Resources required in manufacturing and/or distribution environments
- Experience handling multi-state complex employee relations
- Talent acquisition experience supporting hiring managers and promoting an excellent candidate and employee experience
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office required.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system a plus
- Bilingual abilities a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change with or without notice.