Established 30+ years ago, Bozzuto Construction Company (BCC) is a recognized industry leader for both construction expertise and a dynamic, employee-driven environment. We strive to ensure everyone has an opportunity to thrive and grow by offering meaningful work experiences, career development planning, and engaging our team in celebratory events. Working alongside our other companies within Bozzuto, we access and leverage unique resources to continue expanding and diversifying our portfolio. As our business grows, our team grows.As an employee, you will discover that BCC is not a typical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary. We’re hard working, veteran owned performance minded and we have each other’s back. Together, we solve problems and build relationships. We give back to our communities and we celebrate successes with team events such as our annual fishing trip. We hope you want to be part of a great team and join us.
Have a fun, hands-on learning experience within a multi-family construction environment. Our 10-week internship mirrors our entry-level Construction Project Engineer role that is responsible for:
- Intern will be exposed to cost estimating, planning site logistics and scheduling, materials procurement, cost control and quality management.
- Prepare bid packages, scope and level bid proposals.
- Develop and maintain project matrices for historical data.
- Assist with drawing & document coordination and reviews. This would entail keeping project documents organized, and distributing documents to all parties involved as well as reviewing documents for completeness.
- Intern will be exposed to project budgets, contracts and attending Owner meetings.
- Assist the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Project Engineer in their daily tasks.
- Compile, present and track submittals and submittal correspondence to the design consultants, subcontractors, owners and owner representatives.
- Assist with maintain a complete set of contract documents at the site including all plans, specifications, communications, RFIs, submittals, addendums, ASIs, ASKs, etc.
- Price miscellaneous items related to the budget or Pending Change Orders.
- Compile and submit RFIs to design consultants and distribute responses from design consultants.
- Record meeting minutes of all project meetings.
- Intern will be exposed to monitoring the activity at construction sites by ensuring construction progresses as scheduled and contract specifications are adhered to.
- Assist the Project Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent in their daily tasks.
- Assist with punch-list and project close-out activities.
- Assist with the coordination of subcontractors both daily and through a two week look ahead.
- Assist in the preparation of daily field reports, notes and meeting minutes.
- Tracking and reporting of contact timing, deliverables and schedules.
- Assist with the maintenance on site of an accurate and up-to-date as-built set of drawings.
What You Bring to Us:
- A graduate or undergraduate student who is enrolled in an engineering program (civil, architecture, mechanical) or construction management program.
- Strong interest in construction, real estate, architecture and/or development.
- Strong computer skills (Excel) including scheduling software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all types of contract documents relating to construction of property, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
What We Bring You:At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are committed to taking care of them so they can deliver great experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness. Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation. Salary range: $20.00—$25.00
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer coverage for medical, dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an affordable price.
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus holidays.
- Retirement planning. We offer a 401k program with a company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support career development and growth.