The Technician I, Facility Maintenance, under supervision, will execute basic maintenance activities for assigned vaccine manufacturing equipment such as\: cell culture and fermentation tanks, pumps, chromatography skids, ultra-filtration skids, centrifuges, CIP / COP units, glass washers, autoclaves, freeze dryers, depyrogenation ovens/tunnels, vial fillers, high-speed labeling and packaging systems, and other equipment.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in several ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Executes proper "Housekeeping" activities routinely, in all work areas at the end of each shift
- Maintains an up-to-date spare parts inventory system for equipment/systems within area of responsibilities.
- Completes all work in accordance with CFRs, cGMPs, SOPs, job plans as assigned.
- Assists in the development and revision of SOPs or job plans/work plans for related areas.
- Assists in the development of detailed individual training program to increase knowledge of assigned maintenance and operation fields and other areas of the plant as needed.
- Performs accurate trouble shooting of equipment/system events and assists in detailed failure analysis to uncover root cause.
- Assists, as required, outside contractors performing projects or supplementing work force.
- Demonstrates a visible & tangible commitment to HSE, Lean Principles, and other corporate initiatives in all work-related activities.
- In addition to the above, other assigned duties & projects deemed appropriate within the position scope.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Zero to three (0-3) years combination of education, training, and experience in one or more of the following fields\: Utility Operations/Maintenance, Process Equipment Maintenance, Control Systems, HVAC Operations/Maintenance, and/or Fire Systems Maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making skills.
- Knowledge of Processes, Systems and Resources.
- Computer literacy.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family-owned company, we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients, and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.