Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join our Global Manufacturing Science & Technology department located at our St. Joseph, MO facility. As an Intern, you will Provide guided support for BIAH products, processes and test methods throughout the product lifecycle\:
- Conduct assigned scientific inquiries and experimentation in support of MSAT project deliverables
- Gather, document and communicate outcome of assigned research and experimentation efforts
- Support development of technical body of knowledge for BIAH products, processes and test methods
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Organize and conduct project assignments, including documentation research, laboratory experimentation and production activities
- Support evaluation of change requests, troubleshooting, research and investigation in support of senior MSAT Scientists
- Collect, organize and evaluate data from assigned activities
- Prepare timely documentation for all assigned activities
- Ensure activity execution and related documentation adheres to standard operating procedures and good documentation practices
- Communicate activity efforts and outcomes effectively to senior MSAT Scientists
- Support exchange of technical knowledge across global and local MSAT teams
- Support capture of ongoing product / process / test knowledge within global and local MSAT teams
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities\:
- Basic knowledge and basic theoretical understanding of scientific principles (e.g. microbiology, biological chemistry, biochemistry)
- Basic knowledge of pharmaceutical quality
- Basic knowledge of Good Laboratory or Manufacturing Practice (GLP/GMP )and other applicable regulations
- Written and verbal communications of technical information
- Intense willingness to develop technical expertise at bench and production scale
- Ability to communicate in English required – additional language skills are an asset
- Strong interest for international/intercultural collaboration
- Ability to adapt communications and truly engage with diverse audience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.