Associate Director, IS Lead Business Consultant I
About the Job
The IS Senior Business Consultant I provides demand management, business consultancy, domain architecture, project management and information technology-related services to assigned business clients; may also provide program management services; and may lead and manage a small team of IS Business Consultants. Through ongoing consultation with business clients, the IS Senior Business Consultant I identifies and analyzes business needs, influences and negotiates scope and requirements, and champions innovative process changes and/or technology-enabled solutions. The IS Senior Business Consultant I leads and manages IS projects, ranging from smaller C-level projects to the larger, more complex B- and A-level projects, through to small programs. Project and Program Management, which is from beginning to end, includes defining project scope and deliverables that support Business goals and strategies. The IS Senior Business Consultant I is responsible for engaging clients in analyzing, prioritizing and governing demand for IS services; accountable for all such IS services; and responsible for insuring that projects realize their intended Business benefits. Successful projects are expected to contribute to the overall performance of the Business.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Business Consultancy\: Adopts a leadership role in influencing IS-related business decisions through a consistent and direct engagement of clients at all levels in multiple business domains. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of multiple business domains, including all business processes, and the interactions between these business domains. Consistently influences through an acknowledged recognition of client needs and corresponding IS opportunities. Communicates with clients in business terms. Independently proposes new and improved business processes, championing innovation where possible. Addresses all other aspects of the IS Business Partnering Business Consultancy role.
- Project Management\: Independently plans, organizes and oversees resources to achieve the goals and objectives of multiple small projects or a large project. Addresses all other aspects of the IS Business Partnering Project Manager role.
- Demand Management\: Performs a liaison function between the business and all providers of technical services. In close partnership with all business stakeholders, influences, matches and independently prioritizes complex demands on multiple IS services to maximize value to the business. Addresses all other aspects of the IS Business Partnering Demand Management role.
- Domain Architecture\: Based on a thorough understanding of all processes within a business domain, analyzes, defines and documents the relationship of all systems and services that support this domain. Governs this single-domain IS Landscape. Identifies and with supervision, proposes improvements to individual IS systems or services, to business or IS processes supported by such, or to the relationship between IS systems / services and business processes. With supervision, influences business clients and IS colleagues on Application Landscape decisions that drive the implementation of the proposed domain improvements. Demonstrates all other aspects of the IS Business Partnering Domain Architect role.
- Program Management\: Leads small Programs. Influences in all other aspects of the IS Business Partnering Program Management role.
- Collaborate with cross-functional global teams such as go-to-market, engineering, cyber security, and DevOps to assess web requirements and deliver web platform solutions
- Support the implementation of UI/UX, visual designs, and multi-site models in web-based technologies at a platform level to solution design for Global Design System requirements in a Drupal environment
- Perform thorough root cause analysis on web platform issues to identify primary source of problem, and propose corrective and preventive measures
- Ensure compliance of web best practices and company’s software development lifecycle policies
- Bachelors’ and/or /Masters’ degree (or equivalent); progressive IT and business experience of five (5) to ten (10) years is preferred.
- Strong business process knowledge and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex business issues.
- Experience managing consultant resources and external creative and technical personnel in a fast-paced and complex project environment.
- Previous experience managing business priorities and projects across multiple business areas.
- Demonstrated project management capability based on the successful completion of projects in multiple business areas.
- Demonstrated capability to develop, maintain and apply a business, data, application and technical architecture within a functional domain.
- Strong communication skills, strong relationship development and management capabilities.
- Experience line-managing a small team of IT or business-related professionals (1-3) is preferred
- Three-plus (3+) years working in a DevSecOps model or as a Technical Product Owner preferred
- Experience in Web stacks such as Drupal, CDN, WAF, GDS, AWS/cloud hosting strongly preferred
- Two-plus (2+) years with integration strategies such as using Adobe Analytics, Google SEO, Veeva CRM & Vault, digital assets management preferred
- Two-plus (2+) years working in Agile Scrum ceremonies, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and routine stand-ups preferred
- Two-plus (2+) years working with a Global Design System for digital assets preferred
Strong foundation in and an in depth understanding of\:
- Methodologies for system design, development, and implementation;
- All phases of the Project Implementation life cycle;
- Validation and regulatory requirements.
- Preferred technical skills include the use of prototyping tools.
- Must be informed on current and new technologies & their applicability to the business.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.