About the Job
SP+ Hospitality is currently appointing new Valet Dispatchers! – Join our high energy team today!
We promote from within! - 90% of our managerial positions are filled with internal talent!
Who will I be working for?
We are the “The Hospitality Parking Company” SP+ Hospitality has been the nation's premier valet parking company for more than 35 years. We employ over 2500+ associates in 15 states and the largest operator in Puerto Rico. SP+ Hospitality manages more 4 and 5 diamond locations than any other parking company in the world! Join our team full-time, part-time or seasonal and enjoy a FUN work location with well-trained teams and leaders!
Does a fast paced, exciting, ever changing environment excite you?
Would you enjoy working at an exclusive, luxury hotel or resort location?
Do you posses the spirit to serve?
If so, this opportunity might be right for you!
What do I do as a Dispatcher?
As our newest team member, you will be behind the scenes as an integral part of the warm welcome and fond farewell process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the timely dispatching of Valet Attendants to park and retrieve guest vehicles
- Monitor the amount of time guests wait for their vehicle to ensure it meets the property’s service standard
- Secure and keep track of all guest vehicle keys
- Accept and process valet fees (if applicable)
- Answer the telephone using proper telephone etiquette
- Inform customers of valet rates, as well as possess a thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the lot to be able to provide customer directions to customers to various locations in the area, if needed
- Respond to customer questions/issues in a prompt and courteous manner
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to Supervisors, Facility Manager and/or Senior Manager
- Assist the Ramp Supervisor in maintaining a clear ramp area by sending runners to the front door
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the area around garage office
- Be on time for every scheduled work day
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain in complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts
- Assist Supervisors and Managers with additional duties, as assigned
This job posting does not include the full range of functions/duties of the position. Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor including the corporate office.
This document does not create any employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. A full job description is available upon request.
Let’s be sure you possess these minimal requirements first!
Are you Neat, Clean and Polite? It’s our company motto!
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in both written and oral forms.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to use a phone or two-way radio.Ability to sprint short distances.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time (up to 6 or 8 hours, less break)
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
- Ability to work in extreme elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds (signs, luggage, etc.)
SP+ Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ Hospitality does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
*USA Parking will provide reasonable accommodations during its interviews for individuals with disabilities, including providing a sign language interpreter, upon request. Please email your request for a reasonable accommodation to this email address: email@example.com.
Hourly Rate: $10.00