About the Job
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Only active students (undergraduate or graduate programs) or recent graduates (within 6 months of applying) will be considered for the internship.
The paid internship will be entirely remote in light of COVID-19 and with your health and safety in mind. There will be extensive programming accommodated for a virtual environment, so you can make the most of your time at Bleacher Report and learn the ins-and-outs of our exciting industry alongside your fellow interns.
Our 10-week summer internship program will kick off June 7th and commence on or before August 13th.
House of Highlights is a key part of the Bleacher Report/Turner Sports portfolio, representing one of the most influential media brands for the Gen-Z audience. With over 32 Million followers, HoH is the heartbeat of the Gen Z sports fan, who gravitate to the brand because of its authentic voice which remains celebratory, relatable and inclusive. Everything HoH does -- from the original content we create, to our collaborations with influencers and brands, to the viral clips we curate from across the world -- aligns with these 3 core brand pillars, and it has created a connection with fans that feels more like a close friend than an inaccessible brand or publisher.
As the House of Highlights team continues to grow, we are seeking a highly motivated summer intern that can assist with general business operations and project-based tasks to help the brand blow up.
The intern will have a variety of responsibilities spanning Revenue. Strategy, Business Operations, Production, Social Community Management and Development, Grassroots Marketing and Communications. This is an unrivaled opportunity for general business exposure at one of the fastest-growing and most popular social media brands in the world. We want someone who is hungry to create/test/fail/learn, and ready to contribute on day 1 within a small and tight-knit team, and own projects with tangible results.
This as a general business role that would include responsibilities spanning several core HoH business units:
- Weekly competitive tracking and industry updates
- Assist in refreshing HoH sales/brand materials, flagging needs for analytics updates, imagery and case-studies as needed
- Coordinate asset and materials development with producers
- Assist with the preparation of sales presentations as needed
- Develop Strategy and evaluate new revenue streams and platforms
- Identify opportunities for HoH growth based on analysis of marketplace, competitors, etc
- Create standardized templates for recurring tasks
- Assist in "operationalizing" new brand initiatives
- Responding to DM's on behalf of HoH and compiling audience info
- Energizing the HoH Community (followers) and coming up with new ideas based on their knowledge of Gen Z social behaviors
- Closely following YT channel growth and suggesting opportunities for growth, optimization, etc
- Facilitating merch giveaway ideas
- Deep knowledge and passion for social media (particularly Instagram, YouTube an TikTok)
- Real familiarity with House of Highlights brand, voice and mission
- Passion for sports and community
- Interest in the business side of sports and general understanding of media
- Superb organizational and communications skills
- Experience using Google Software (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, etc)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and own projects
- Experience with data/analytics, particularly turning data into insights and actions
- Interns MUST be matriculating college students (undergrad or grad)
- Students with a business / sports management background preferred
- Editing/Content creation understanding a plus
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.