About the Job
House of Highlights is a key part of the Bleacher Report/Turner Sports portfolio, representing one of the most influential media brands for the Gen-Z audience. With over 35 Million followers, HoH is the heartbeat of the Gen Z sports fan, who gravitate to the brand because of its authentic voice which remains celebratory, relatable and inclusive. Everything HoH does -- from the original content we create, to our collaborations with influencers and brands, to the viral clips we curate from across the world -- aligns with these 3 core brand pillars, and it has created a connection with fans that feels more like a close friend than an inaccessible brand or publisher.
ABOUT THE JOB
House of Highlights is seeking a social programmer who will work to create engaging visual formats, stories and story-telling vehicles made for social. The programmer will help with curating content from multiple sources to post on our social accounts, specifically Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Snap. The programmer will be responsible for surfacing, curating, editing, packaging, and distributing various types of social content, including captions.
The programmer will be focused on curating NBA content and highlights, as well as other viral content + UGC that crosses over youth culture passion points. The programmer will be required to cover live NBA games and events throughout the season and will be asked to assist senior level programmers in creating programming plans and executing on sold campaigns. An ideal candidate would be described as someone that is a fast learner, hustles like crazy, has ideas and isn't afraid to share them.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Discover and curate social content that aligns with the House of Highlight brand pillars and engages with the Gen Z audience
- Cover full slates of NBA game schedule, covering multiple games at once to find standout content
- Work closely with other programmers to check copy and properly distribute content
- Collaborate with other programming groups to align on voice and ensure differentiation
- Review performance of distribution plans and provide meaningful feedback.
- A strong understanding of House of Highlights' voice and brand
- Experience working with social media platforms, specifically Instagram and TikTok
- Real passion for basketball culture and familiarity with "NBA Twitter"
- Experience with social content discovery, particularly NBA-focused
- Willing and able to work night and weekend hours
Bleacher Report is a division of WarnerMedia, LLC. Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.