Join our team as an Emergency Medical Technician at Alton Memorial Hospital and see how the World’s Best Medicine is made better through you! There’s never been a better time to be a part of the BJC network.
- PRN Positions
- 12 hours shifts and some 24 hours Shifts
- Rotating Weekends
- Excellent Opportunity to gain experience
Since 1937, Alton Memorial Hospital has cared for residents in Alton, Illinois, and the surrounding communities in a five-county area. Starting as a land gift to the community from the Smith family, Alton Memorial today is a full-service acute care hospital. Alton Memorial offers patients a variety of inpatient and outpatient services, including surgery services, medical imaging, interventional and diagnostic heart services, cancer care, rehabilitation, 24-hour emergency care, ambulance services and more.
The EMS department is comprised of 51 employees that man 6 ALS units to cover a 300 square mile area in the riverbend. We have a fleet of 11 ambulances and 1 command unit . We are the primary 911 units for multiple communities and offer a variety of services to all of our patients and families. We live by the words '' To heal often , to comfort always''
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is responsible for emergency medical care in the pre-hospital environment. Works under on-line and off-line medical control providing basic life support. Provides direct patient care under the supervision of the RN in the Emergency Department or Paramedic.
Licenses & Certifications
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer