Join our team of more than 34,000 team members, supporting our members and communities in our Club Support Center, 235+ clubs and eight distribution centers. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative and inclusive environment where all team members can learn, grow and be their authentic selves. Together, we’re committed to providing outstanding service and convenience to our members, helping them save on the products and services they need for their families and homes.
The Benefits of working at BJ’s
• BJ’s pays weekly
• Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles*
o Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty
• Benefit plans for your changing needs*
o Three medical plans**, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two dental plans, flexible spending
*eligibility requirements vary by position
**medical plans vary by location
Receives, rotates, cuts, wraps, and merchandises fresh and processed meats, including grinds. Assists in merchandising of seafood, prepared foods, cheeses and pre-packed deli and assists in the rotisserie chicken area and full service deli. Assists in meat selection and cuts special meat arrangements for Members. Maintains all sanitation and safety standards within the meat department.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable .
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Engages and provides assistance to our Members by making recommendations along with answering questions regarding meat, poultry, and seafood. Prepares special cuts of meat ordered by Members.
- Cuts, grinds, and/or processes fresh meats to company cutting standards. Weighs, packages, wraps, and labels cuts of meat, poultry, and seafood to company packaging standards.
- Makes sure the meat case showcases all currently available products. Ensures the meat department maintains an appropriate level of inventory.
- Ensures the meat, seafood, prepared foods, and cheese cases are fully stocked. Rotates meats, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, and cheeses according to expiration dates. Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged and/or expired products.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, display fixtures, and areas in the meat department, including the meat cooler, freezer, and refrigerated display cases.
- Inspects and stores meat upon delivery. Ensures that all received meats meet or exceed company quality standards.
- Receives and unpacks meat, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, and cheeses in the meat cooler and freezer.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including placing orders and working in other departments as needed.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Completion of a training program/apprenticeship required.
- Previous meat cutting experience required.
- Knowledge of automatic/hand wrapping machines preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, which may require bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a cooler area with frequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.