Corporate Sales Manager
About the Job
WARNING: If you want to be a sports business version of a utility infielder, you shouldn’t waste your time reading about our open positions.
Corporate Membership Manager
LARKS HIRING PHILOSOPHY: To become a superstar with teams, you need to first know that it all starts with tickets. Tickets are the lifeblood of sports teams. Once you truly learn how to market tickets, then it’s on to making sure these fans renew year after year. Learn these, and you’ve got the right ticket to run teams.
So, we start our people on our lifeblood—remember, that’s ticket sales. We don’t give a phone book or a stale customer service manual and tell you to go sell tickets. Our philosophy is train, train, train, and when we get tired of that, we train some more. Our goal is to accelerate your growth as fast as we can.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Bismarck Larks are offering a full-time opportunity for current applicants looking to gain real world corporate sales experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry. The position will provide extensive training in proven sales methods and tactics.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Responsible for developing relationships with local CEO’s, Presidents, and decision-makers to sell premium corporate season ticket and group outing packages
- Make 40-50 calls per day
- Setting 12+ meetings per week
- Listen to client’s goals and objectives to offer membership packages that ideally suits each scenario
- Develop new sale leads and actively prospect and canvas daily
- Complete/graduate sales training boot camp
- Maintain call logs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Provide superior service to clients, existing ticket holders, and general fans
- Participate in weekly meetings to help develop skills and accelerate growth
- Customer service and ticketing problem solving
- Event planning and coordination
- Ability to work weekdays and some weekends
- Ability to work 30+ home games each summer
- Attending/staffing additional outside events (community relations)
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Ticket Sales
- Each employee sits on two additional internal teams (culture, merchandise, ballpark experience, or brand) to become more well-rounded and provide additional value.
Do you want to be a superstar in sports business? That’s the first qualification. If you answered yes, then answer three more questions:
- Are you goal oriented?
- Do you have a strong work ethic and
- Do you have desire to learn and excel?
OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
You may be asking yourself what are the chances to eventually run a team someday? This is a good question to ask. If you are a true superstar, your chances of staying on with our team are high. Our management team oversees the Bismarck Larks, the Bismarck Marathon, and the Bismarck Santa Run. We’re planning on buying more teams and operating more events. We would like to populate management positions in those teams and events with people that have learned our marketing methods. We’ll train you, we’ll encourage you to become successful, and then we’ll look for you to do the same with recruits at our other teams.
The pressure is on you to listen, learn, grow, excel, execute and show us that we just can’t sell tickets or service our accounts without you.
Salary, Benefits, and Start Date
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual commission/bonus opportunities based on individual sales, renewal, and team performance
- Employer Health, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability Plans
- 401k Program with 4% Company Match after 1 year of employment
- Flexible work schedule - unlimited vacation days
- Position comes with private office
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.