Housekeeper (Cabin Crew)
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Located steps from the Village hub, at the center of one of North America’s largest four-season playgrounds, YOTELPAD Canyons Village, Park City, provides its independent, travel-savvy guests with everything they need and nothing they don’t. YOTEL uses cutting edge design and construction techniques to build hotels with small but perfectly - formed rooms for people who appreciate quality but don’t need the fuss of a traditional luxury hotel.
Our residences are one giant leap for Park City. As a destination base for the vast experience at Park City Mountain, it is being transformed with a masterplan of new shops, restaurants, and gathering places. With both village and mountain at your doorstep, there’s lots to do, from dining and shopping to downhill and cross-country skiing, boarding, snowshoe tours, and winter ziplining. In spring, summer, and fall, enjoy mountain biking, hiking, or golfing.
JOIN OUR CREW! We are seeking qualified, experienced Housekeepers to work in the Housekeeping operations of the YOTELPAD. Canyons Village, Park City.
We understand that it is important that our guests and YOTEL Crew Members are safe and assured, therefore, we have implemented operation #SmartStay; a package of measures, resources and training that’s being rolled out at
every one of our hotels worldwide.
Cabin Crew Members are responsible for the cleaning and preparation of guest cabins and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure the highest level of guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
• Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
• Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility always. Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
• Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
• Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
• Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
• Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled.
• Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
• Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
• Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
• Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
• Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
• Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
• Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor always.
• Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
• Approaches all encounters with guests and crew members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Completes all other miscellaneous tasks assigned by Director of Cabin Crew.
• High school degree or GED preferred
• Previous hotel experience is preferred
• Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
•Must have vision ability to see minute debris and dirt in poorly lit areas, and to read written instructions and YOTEL is proud to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, veteran status, or genetics.
•We maintain a drug-free workplace. computer printouts.
•Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Must have upper body strength to lift to 50lbs. continually throughout shift.
•Must have finger, hand and upper body dexterity to push, pull and move levers, equipment and furniture throughout shift.
•Must be able to work with arms raised above head throughout a shift.
•Must be able to maneuver fully loaded cabin crew cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire workday.
• Basic commercial cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor buffers and carpet cleaning equipment. Cleaning cart. Ladder/stepping stool.
•Exposure to hazardous chemicals on a continual basis.
What are YOTEL people like?
• Pro-active with a ‘can do’ positive attitude
• Likes to be busy, always looking for the next task or goal to achieve
• Great attention to detail in everything that they do
• Sociable and confident with each other and our guests
• Friendly, warm and welcoming always
• Professional in their outlook, taking pride in their appearance, performance and reputation
• Takes responsibility for their actions and those of the wider team
• Like to own problems and find solutions for the benefit of the guests and teams alike
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the associated with the position. May perform other duties as assigned.