Room Attendant (Competitive Pay) - Equinox Golf Resort & Spa
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Join the team at the historic Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, this elegant hotel offers a year-round luxury retreat in southern Vermont’s Manchester Village - this distinguished resort’s 250-year legacy is rich in U.S. history. Once a meeting site for revolutionary rebels and a vacation destination to four American presidents, the property was designated as a National Historic Place in the 1970s. Today’s Equinox offers a modern interpretation of the resort’s heritage with 199 guest accommodations that range from tucked-away townhouses to sophisticated suites. Equinox’s extensive portfolio of activities and amenities delivers four seasons of adventure and relaxation. We are proud of our history and enjoy being the difference for our guests and employees.
The Room Attendant is responsible to ensure that standards of cleanliness in assigned guest rooms are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service, within established time limitations.
- Clean all assigned rooms.
- Follow all cleaning procedures outlined in the housekeeping training with every assignment and as specified on the training checklist.
- Inspect room linens before placing in rooms and return below standard pieces to Housekeeping.
- Maintain a clean and orderly housekeeping cart.
- Proper utilization of equipment supplies and guest amenities.
- Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest bathrooms.
- Daily changing of soiled linens on beds and remaking beds following the property standards.
- Thorough cleanliness of rooms, balconies, and room furnishings.
- Constant awareness of safety hazards, (i.e., broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office. Follow all training procedures set forth in the Bloodborne Pathogens program.
- Strict follow through on lost and found procedures (for example anything found in rooms that are vacant must be turned into Housekeeping Office directly). No articles should ever be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guests’ property should always be exercised.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Responsible care of equipment.
- Remain alert, courteous, and helpful to the guests and co-workers at all times.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Housekeeping experience desirable.
- Must be able to work alone.
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, crawl, kneel.
- Be able to multitask, remain service centric.
- Communicate with guest and co-workers in a friendly and helpful professional manner.
- Work as a team member.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred, other languages beneficial.
- Face Covering - mask at workstations.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
Must be available to work a flexible work schedule based on business needs including weekends and holidays.
Full-time opportunities. We offer great benefits and hotel discounts.