Line Cook-Part time (Competitive Pay)
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Cook I assists the Sous Chef in heavy production and fabrication of food products for kitchen preparation, cafeteria, banquet cooking, dining room, and fine dining.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Three years experience in heavy volume food production.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Communicating daily with the Chef on Duty for job assignments.
- Producing and fabricating food products daily for the Dining Room, Fine Dining Room, cafeteria and banquets.
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen area.
- Possessing knowledge of all Kitchen hardware and their particular functions for use in breakdown and cleaning.
- Dating all fabricated food items before storage.
- Utilizing all trimmings, excess and unused portions of fabricated food items.
- Assisting the Chef on Duty with banquets and/or conference dining dish out for food service.
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.