Golf Shop Attendant
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:To create an upbeat, positive attitude in the Golf Shop while dealing with guests, golfers, and staff.
- The golf shop attendant will be responsible for taking guest phone calls with a pleasant and professional telephone manner. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries on golf course information.
- Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise, sell merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs. Assist customers with special merchandise orders.
- Collect payments for sales transactions and issue receipts for all merchandise sales, greens fees, car/pull cart rental fees and club rental fees.
- Assist in packing and/or unpacking inventory, arranging and displaying golf shop inventory. Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must have good organization skills.
- Ability to communicate easily with members and guests.
- Must be physically able to bend, stoop, and lift repeatedly throughout the day.
- Standing or walking for long periods of time may be required
- Position requires full attendance of scheduled hours
- Enthusiastic, outgoing attitude and personality, patient and non-combative
- Organized, able to work in a busy environment where the priorities are changing
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Work hours may include days and evenings, weekdays and weekends.