Banquet Cook **SIGN ON BONUS**
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Join us in the month of JUNE/JULY and receive a Sign On Bonus. We also offer an employee referral bonus. Share our Passion of "Being the Difference" by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
Job Description:Banquet Cooks:
Our culinary team prides itself on each individual Being the Difference - in bringing unique flavors, experiences and perspectives to help
create menus that are delicious, creative and inspiring.
You will be a part of the culinary team which masterfully crafts distinctive dishes and cultivates an authentic food experience for our guests.
Your food knowledge and skills will be put to the test as you prepare, cook, and garnish meals which are distinct by design, yet true to its place.
- Cultivate an authentic food experience for our guests by bringing your creativity to the creation of distinctive dishes
- Bring recipes you read to life by accurately reading & following the instructions
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment while utilizing safe food preparation practices
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Bring a minimum of 1 year of culinary training or related kitchen experience
- Knowledge. Quality knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment.
- People Person. The best part about food is enjoying it with others.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must always work towards and support a teamwork environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis.
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat).
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat).
The Equinox Golf Resort and Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer